** VIDEO GUIDE Unraid Shares in Depth - PT1 Windows and SMB - Problems & Solutions **

This video is the first part of a series taking an in depth look at Unraid shares. 
This first one gives a brief introduction then looks at SMB shares and how Windows PCs interatct with them.

It shows how to create and connect to both public and private shares etc
It goes through various problems that people have and the solutions to overcome them. But also it shows some useful tips such as adding features in the smb extras such as creating custom shares.
Hope that you find this video interesting.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

This should be recommended watching for anyone who is using SMB shares with Windows.  The Permissions section is well done and shows the types of issues that you can ( and, probably, will) encounter if you want to ever setup Secure or Private shares in the future.  Having a bit of background may allow to setup both your Windows users and passwords so as not to give problems when you setup your Unraid Users and passwords. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, Frank1940 said:

This should be recommended watching for anyone who is using SMB shares with Windows.  The Permissions section is well done and shows the types of issues that you can ( and, probably, will) encounter if you want to ever setup Secure or Private shares in the future.  Having a bit of background may allow to setup both your Windows users and passwords so as not to give problems when you setup your Unraid Users and passwords. 

Thanks, @Frank1940   :)

On 5/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, Jcloud said:

Interesting video, I'll be interested to see what else you produce with this series.

I posted this on another one of your threads, I don't know if you saw it, but the first-half might be of interest to you for this thread.

@Jcloud  Thanks for the info. I did a video a while ago for linked connections so didnt add it to this video only referenced it in the vid.

I read your post. Thanks for  the tip for removing those crap windows programmes like candy crush.... god i hate that built-in bloat :)

The second part is up now, here.

• 2 weeks later...