Some questions before jumping...

I currently run Windows 10 on a HP Gen8 Microserver. I use Stablebit Drivepool, and have 4 x 4TB drives on the internal bays & 1 x 3TB drive on a USB 3 port in the pool, and a SSD in the ODD bay for the main system drive.

It's been upgraded to a Xeon E3-1265LV2 and 16GB RAM

I was looking to move away from Windows 10, due to the bloat and it's a pain to update with having the current MicroSD card fudged to get Windows to boot properly.

Questions :-

Can I install Unraid on the internal MicroSD card?

I don't need any data redundancy, it's only media and is replaceable. The drives are all NTFS and are readable separately outside of Drivepool. Is there any way to preserve this data? If I had to shuffle stuff around then I could probably end up with one empty 4TB drive...

Not sure if there is anything else I need to be aware of?

1 minute ago, psykix said:

Can I install Unraid on the internal MicroSD card?

Unraid requires a USB flash drive with a unique GUID to associate the license with, so no.

2 minutes ago, psykix said:

The drives are all NTFS and are readable separately outside of Drivepool. Is there any way to preserve this data?

Unraid must format any disk it uses in the array or cache pool.

Just now, trurl said:

Unraid requires a USB flash drive with a unique GUID to associate the license with, so no.

Unraid must format any disk it uses in the array or cache pool.

Ok, I can use USB flash drive instead.

So.. can I run it with one blank 4TB, copy data from another 4TB to it, and then add that and so on until I have them all in?

3 minutes ago, psykix said:

can I run it with one blank 4TB, copy data from another 4TB to it, and then add that and so on until I have them all in?

You can use the Unassigned Devices plugin to mount the NTFS disks and copy them.

The USB3 external disk is not recommended for the array. People often "shuck" these to get at the internal SATA drive and use it that way. Or you can use it as an external disk and even keep the NTFS format using the Unassigned Devices plugin.

• Like 1