Terminal Window Blank

Hi, when I open the terminal window, it remains completely blank. I also cannot SSH into my server to use the command line that way either. I have cleared browser cache to no effect.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I figured a video would be worth a thousand pictures. I also try in two browsers, the Firefox install is 100% fresh and I have never used it, same results.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you guys can provide!

I have this issue in firefox too. Not a fix but a work around is to copy the url from the terminal window and past it into a new firefox tab. The issue is not that the window is blank its that the text color is the same as the background. If you copy the terminal window you can past it into a notepad and see the text.

• 4 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 1:15 PM, Squid said:

On the flash drive, delete the contents of config/ssh and config/ssl.  Reboot and try again.

@Squid Hey brother, Me again.

I am actually having the same issue in chrome (I know, imagine that) 

I have found several ways of accessing the flash drive, but I cannot discover the super secret batman way of deleting the files out of said directories. Does the flash drive have to be mounted in terminal to do so? Am I missing something obvious? (I am sure I am) I just never tried to modify the OS files on the flash drive before. They seem "read only" in both the unraid webgui and Windows File explorer.

20 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

You should probably check you site settings in your browser.  With Chrome, if you left-click on the /'lock' icon to the left of the URL, you will open up a dropdown box.  You will find the site-setting button there.  

That was a great idea! I checked that but that did not seem to resolve my issue. I am now trying squid's suggestion. Thanks so much Frank!

My Terminal Window launched from unraid would just come up blank and unusable.  Also, my CPU Load Meters had stopped working as well.  I tried the suggested suggestions above.  But no luck.

I was afraid I was going to have to reload everything.  But I finally found the solution that fixed both issues.

From the command line I ran:  sensors-detect

I took all the defaults answers except the last one.  The default was NO, and I answered yes.

The question was: Do you want to generate /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (yes/NO): yes

I'm writing this in hopes it will help someone else in the future.   I could find surprisingly little help on this forum .  How there is another solution documented. 

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by t5800512
  • 7 months later...
On 10/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, t5800512 said:

My Terminal Window launched from unraid would just come up blank and unusable.  Also, my CPU Load Meters had stopped working as well.  I tried the suggested suggestions above.  But no luck.

I was afraid I was going to have to reload everything.  But I finally found the solution that fixed both issues.

From the command line I ran:  sensors-detect

I took all the defaults answers except the last one.  The default was NO, and I answered yes.

The question was: Do you want to generate /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (yes/NO): yes

I'm writing this in hopes it will help someone else in the future.   I could find surprisingly little help on this forum .  How there is another solution documented. 

I hope this is helpful.

Hi, I'm getting the blank terminal issue too. I've tried the above suggestions to no avail. I'm trying @t5800512's suggestion but I get a No such file or directory error when trying to run sensors-detect after SSH'ing into Unraid. 

Any help or other suggestions? 

Thanks. 

P.S. I also just updated to 6.8.3 and no change. 

Edited by jammer
Added version
  • 5 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:41 PM, trurl said:

This is often a browser issue. Have you tried another? 

I only have new Edge and IE installed. Didn't think there would be much point in installing Chrome given they're both the same thing and IE doesn't load anything up. Seen people having issues on Firefox too, so didn't bother; although I could. I just try to keep installed apps to a minimum (although tell that to my RGB software on my gaming PC...).