moved drives around now another disk missing

loady

13 hours ago, Squid said:

If you can't see it in the BIOS, then its definitely a drive / cabling issue.  What S/N are you expecting to see being present?

im expecting to see S1UYJ1CZ316736. the drive definatley is spinning up, its not making any odd noises, i have swapped it to a different port and power rail that another drive was attached to and working on, it still is not showing up, might grab a look in bios. i purchased this drive with another one, the other serial number for the second one (which is not in the array) is S1UYJ1CZ316726, almost identical and likely from the same production batch, if i plug this drive in the other ones place it is detected and wants to rebuild to it, i cant as it has a huge ammount of data on it.

Now i checked in bios, there is definatley a drive missing there, unfortunately it doesnt give you the full serial, just model number as such, the drive in question has two others of the same model in the array, they are showing up in bios fine so i guess the drive is screwed ?.

Very annoying that all i did was remove the drives and place them into a better enclosure in my case, they hardly moved and now its dead !!

This has become very bad now, i left my new disk rebuilding and all was fine, i stopped array and placed the disk back into slot four of my new enclosure, the disk not detected again, i moved it to another port and it started reporting it as a new disk, i tried it back on the other port and now its now detecting again, could this enclosure be faulty and its damaging the drives, causing read errors, i cant get anything to detect in slot four...the new disk had rebuilt so when i can get it to show why is it saying new device

warptower-diagnostics-20190507-0949.zip

Archived