Questions About Cache Drive

UncleDirtNap

Can someone answer some questions about how to proceed with replacing/upgrading my cache drive?

I've been doing some spring cleaning on my UNRAID Server (ver 6.6.4), a fairly vanilla setup with 1 parity drive, 13 data drives in the array and a cache drive were my appdata and downloads for three (3) docker containers are located.  

The cache drive is has been in since this version of the server went up a few years ago and since it gets worked pretty hard I want to put something a bit fresher, and slightly larger in its place.  Also, while going over all this I notice that the cache drive file systems is BTRFS, while everything else is XFS and not really sure why that is it's been so long since I set it up.

First question is, is my assumption that the cache drive is not part of the array so if I swap out the old drive for a newer it won't rebuild correct?  And even if I did it's going to rebuild with with the BTRFS file system, which unless there's some reason I'm missing I don't want to do.

And if it isn't part of the array can I just pull the old drive, put in the new one and format it XFS and then copy the data over from the old one and expect everything to run after I reboot?

Or is there better way to approach replacing/upgrading this drive that I'm unaware of?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived