Does anyone Eaton UPS with Unraid?

Googling seems to indicate that several folks have gotten the NUT plugin for Unraid to work with the Eaton UPS's.  I would install it and work with the interface (I have never used NUT) to see if you can get it to work with yours.  If you have problems, there is a support thread where you ask for assistance. 

I am assuming that you already have the Eaton unit.  The plugin is 'free' so you have nothing to lose by trying to get it to work.  I would not go out and purchase an Eaton when Cyberpower and APC are plug-and-play with the default plugin. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Googling seems to indicate that several folks have gotten the NUT plugin for Unraid to work with the Eaton UPS's.  I would install it and work with the interface (I have never used NUT) to see if you can get it to work with yours.  If you have problems, there is a support thread where you ask for assistance. 

I am assuming that you already have the Eaton unit.  The plugin is 'free' so you have nothing to lose by trying to get it to work.  I would not go out and purchase an Eaton when Cyberpower and APC are plug-and-play with the default plugin. 

I will have a  look once I get this GUI connection drop dealt with.  Thank You. 

Yes.  I do have Eaton already

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, StevenD said:

I have several Eaton’s, but I don’t use NUT. Their IPM software is great. 

So I have IPM running on a VM on my Unraid server - what do I do with it to trigger an  Unraid shutdown. I basically want it to gracefully shutdown after about 5 minutes on UPS since if I am in a power outage, I don't care that much about media...

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got an Eaton Ellipse Eco 1200 (1200VA/750W) to use with Unraid and it's detected out of the box when connected via USB. I'm using the built-in Unraid UPS menu in the WebUI, with apcupsd.

So far I have no complaints; Unraid says the battery should give me about 50 minutes of power (which is great) and unplugging the UPS from the outlet immediately triggers a Telegram and Email notification.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
I got an Eaton Ellipse Eco 1200 (1200VA/750W) to use with Unraid and it's detected out of the box when connected via USB. I'm using the built-in Unraid UPS menu in the WebUI, with apcupsd.
So far I have no complaints; Unraid says the battery should give me about 50 minutes of power (which is great) and unplugging the UPS from the outlet immediately triggers a Telegram and Email notification.
So apcupsd works (for you) with Eaton as well? Good to know... I'm currently researching what steps I have to take to make my Eaton Ellipse Pro work properly

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

On 4/30/2021 at 12:52 AM, trallnag said:

So apcupsd works (for you) with Eaton as well? Good to know... I'm currently researching what steps I have to take to make my Eaton Ellipse Pro work properly

I just ordered my Ellipse Pro, did you get it working with unRaid?