[Support] Josh.5 Docker Templates

This is a support thread for various Unraid docker container templates.

If the template has a link to another support thread, then please post questions there.

Templates will be uploaded to: https://github.com/Josh5/unraid-docker-templates

Templates:

TeamCity Server

TeamCity Build Agent

•  
Edited by Josh.5
Added links for Lancache Bundle
  • Thanks 3

So I had your container disabled and had gone back to steamcache.  I double checked why by re-enabling yours today.  Basically with yours enabled I get the dreaded steam cannot connect to steam servers (or words to that effect).  I'll go over my config again at some stage, but it's fairly defeating to have a game cache if it doesn't allow you to play any games! :D

Thought I'd mention in case anyone else has any input / insight.

Im probably doing something wrong, but if i use this docker container with unraid version 6.8.2 it just does not work nor does the steam cache bundle, but if i use it with 6.7.1 it works but with very low lan speed (100Mbps max) (also then smb works with max 1Gbps speed) what makes it useless cause my isp provides me with 100/20 connection and thats fatser then what i get from my unraid box limited by something software cause i have a 10Gbps fiber connection to the box

anyone have any ideas ? ive tryied different network modes and different settings on all network adapters

M/B: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z10PA-D8 Series Version Rev 1.xx

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 3801. Dated: 08/23/2019

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2603 v4 @ 1.70GHz (two of them)

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 15360 KiB, 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 15360 KiB

Memory: 64 GiB DDR4 Multi-bit ECC (32gb each)

Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup), mtu 1500
 eth0: interface down (intel i210 x2 one disabled in bios)
 eth1: 10000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500 (mellanox connect x4 if i remember right)

Kernel: Linux 4.19.98-Unraid x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1d

Hey @Josh.5

Thanks for making LANcache Bundle! Just in the process of depreciating Steamcache bundle in favour of your LANcache Bundle!

So things may get a little busier here  Thanks again!
Oh... Mkay. Thanks for Steamcache bundle. It was definitely the inspiration for this.

I'm hoping to push an update to fix some issues this week.

Glad others are finding it useful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Ive got this running up to the point where my PC has it as my DNS, and if I run that powershell command for DNS, it returns the proper steam server name as it should, which the guide says means its working. But once I download a game, even multiple times, hundreds of gigabytes, none of the created shares increase in size. Can they not be private? Do I need to set them a certain way? Ive rebooted my server and my gaming PC im trying to use this with. Im using Unraid 6.8.0.

Forgive me if its something simple as im new to this, but DNS is working, server is pinging, docker is running, why wouldn't it be working?

Ive got this running up to the point where my PC has it as my DNS, and if I run that powershell command for DNS, it returns the proper steam server name as it should, which the guide says means its working. But once I download a game, even multiple times, hundreds of gigabytes, none of the created shares increase in size. Can they not be private? Do I need to set them a certain way? Ive rebooted my server and my gaming PC im trying to use this with. Im using Unraid 6.8.0.

Forgive me if its something simple as im new to this, but DNS is working, server is pinging, docker is running, why wouldn't it be working?
Give me a few hours and I will push this update...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I've pushed a decent update to the lancache-bundle which should now fix most of the issues that people were having.

However, you will need to update the template a bit. Either make these changes yourself:

1. Add the Nginx Logs volume.
  2. Modify the "data:" volume to point internally to `/data/cache` (The container will not work without this modification)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca161472457308_Screenshotfrom2020-02-2620-47-18.thumb.png.bffcb70c63b1b79d33f35d862b85023a.png

...or remove the container and start fresh from the template found here: https://github.com/Josh5/unraid-docker-templates

Before you start the container, you will also need to clear out the logs directory:

$ rm -r /mnt/user/appdata/lancache-bundle/log

This is important if you ever want to see your logs...

Finally, once you do have it running and would like to see if it is working, open a terminal on your Unraid server and run:

tail -fn1 /mnt/user/appdata/lancache-bundle/log/*/*.log

1690611853_Screenshotfrom2020-02-2620-56-24.png.d3e73ab86658c8c6ae419b31bde6d62e.png

The update is kinda large. But it will help a lot with maintaining it in-line with the lancache project.

This basically basses off the current lancachenet/monolithic:latest image and adds in the lancachenet/lancache-dns and lancachenet/sniproxy projects with a small amount of tweaking. This is opposed to how it was before running off my alpine base which was a considerable amount smaller, but required that I actively maintain most of the parts of the lancache-bundle image myself. 

So this should be much better :D

I'm testing it out tonight. So far so good...

Let me know if there are any more issues.

Edited by Josh.5
Added note to modify /data/cache volume
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for LANCACHE and for your latest update. Since the update it is possible to download Windows Update, Wargaming games and also games from Microsoft Store. I send you three thanks for coffee :) (donate). My english is terrible :(

Edited by Pappy
  • Like 1
On 2/26/2020 at 6:58 PM, Josh.5 said:

The update is kinda large. But it will help a lot with maintaining it in-line with the lancache project.

This basically basses off the current lancachenet/monolithic:latest image and adds in the lancachenet/lancache-dns and lancachenet/sniproxy projects with a small amount of tweaking. This is opposed to how it was before running off my alpine base which was a considerable amount smaller, but required that I actively maintain most of the parts of the lancache-bundle image myself. 

So this should be much better :D

I'm testing it out tonight. So far so good...

Let me know if there are any more issues.

Just saw a Windows 10 VM hit 200+Mbit/s while downloading updates via the cache.  Nice!

This is quite an impressive bundle of software.  Thank you for making this all work in unRAID.

Have also tested this with PiHole by changing the Lancache-bundle UPSTREAM_DNS setting from '1.1.1.1' to my PiHole IP.  They're both working great, except of course PiHole is no longer showing which Client IP the requests were from, only the IP of the Lancache-bundle container now.

Would sniproxy or another part of this bundle could cause problems if I changed the order of DNS requests to: Client -> PiHole -> Lancache-bundle -> 1.1.1.1 ?

Just came across this after discovering the monolith cache, thanks for it!

I did some testing with it on a small Steam game and checking out the download speeds and I'm not seeing any improvements in my download speed.

I see hits against the nginx/access.log but I don't see anything that indicates if it was a cache hit or not. I do see files being saved to ./lancache/cache.

How can we tell if we get a cache hit or not?

Expect there is no problem with the docker in speed. The problem is in the rotating disc. Some games have small files, so the system waits for them to load. If the game has large files, so download the game from LANCACHE at a speed of 75 MB / s. LANCACHE would be ideal for SSD arrays.

I cannot get this docker to run.  I have left the template at it's default for all of the IP settings and pointed the data to a local share. Looking at the log I am getting an error on the last line of the log snippet below related to nginx permissions or missing file/dir.  I am not sure what I should be looking at to resolve this.

Executing hook /hooks/entrypoint-pre.d/19_doc_root_setup
/var/www/html already exists.
Setting document root to /var/www/html
Executing hook /hooks/entrypoint-pre.d/20_perms_check.sh
Running fast permissions check
Fast permissions check successful, if you have any permissions error try running with -e FORCE_PERMS_CHECK = true
Executing hook /hooks/entrypoint-pre.d/20_ssl_setup
Not enabling SSL as neither key nor cert provided.
Executing hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/10_config_check.sh
checking Bind9 config
Executing hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/20_test_files_setup
Checking if /var/www/html is empty - Directory not empty.. don't touch content
Executing hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/21_cleanup_log_files
Cleaning up log files older than 3560 days
Executing hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/50-sniproxy_config.sh
Setting Upstream DNS to 1.1.1.1
Executing hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/90-bind_config.sh
Configuring Bind...
Executing hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/90-nginx_config.sh
Configuring Nginx...
chown: cannot access '/var/log/nginx/*': No such file or directory
ERROR: hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/90-nginx_config.sh} returned a non-zero exit status '0'

5 minutes ago, nick.longworth said:

I cannot get this docker to run.  I have left the template at it's default for all of the IP settings and pointed the data to a local share. Looking at the log I am getting an error on the last line of the log snippet below related to nginx permissions or missing file/dir.  I am not sure what I should be looking at to resolve this.

Fast permissions check successful, if you have any permissions error try running with -e FORCE_PERMS_CHECK = true
checking Bind9 config
Configuring Bind...
Configuring Nginx...
ERROR: hook /hooks/supervisord-pre.d/90-nginx_config.sh} returned a non-zero exit status '0'

I was about to send the same thing!

2 hours ago, nick.longworth said:

checking Bind9 config
Configuring Bind...
Configuring Nginx...

2 hours ago, C_James said:

I was about to send the same thing!

Had the same problem. You can fix it for now by going to the "Nginx Log" folder and creating a file there (it errors because the folder is empty). 

I.e. on your Unraid machine, open up a Terminal/SSH and cd to /mnt/user/appdata/lancache-bundle/log/nginx and create a file in there ("touch test" for example will create a blank file called test), then it works.

Can anyone else confirm that they can actually connect to steam using lancache?  I tried it a few weeks ago and I was able to do everything in lancache except connect to steam.  It resolved DNS etc correctly (actually much faster than steamcache), but steamcache was the only one that would actually let me connect to steam for some reason.

22 hours ago, jbartlett said:

I did some testing with it on a small Steam game and checking out the download speeds and I'm not seeing any improvements in my download speed.

I read recently that there's a lot of compression etc happening which is run by the client too, so that would mean there is also a limitation there.

22 hours ago, jbartlett said:

How can we tell if we get a cache hit or not?

I asked this question on the wiki a while back, apparently it's in the docker logs.

Edit: I just checked its not.

Edited by Marshalleq