SOLVED Hard Crash...disk error... looking for advice before proceeding

Somehow the offending VM is coming back.   See attached screenshots.  I did find /mnt/ -name libvirt.img and it returns what I expected the one libvirt.img file.  I then went to settings VM manager and disabled VMs then deleted the libvirt.img.  I then went back to ssh and did the find again and as you can see the file is no longer found anywhere in /mnt.  So the existing libvirt.img was successfully removed.

I then rebooted Unraid went to settings then VM manager and enabled VMs and it immediately dropped disk3 and the other unassigned disk (understand why from previous messages offending VM has wrong pci passed through and is autostarting).  Then went to the VM tab and all those old VMs show up??? 

How can this be created if there is no libvirt.img???

Hope attached shows that I have eliminated the multiple libvirt.img issue.

Screenshot_20190507-075523.png

Agreed, doesn't make sense.

Doing my 3rd data rebuild of disk3...so can't do anything for 5 hours or so.

When the old VMs come up, I tried to edit them i.e. eliminate auto start and change passthrough to USB card ...when I hit update it goes to updating and stays there.  

Do you think something on flash could be corrupted?

35 minutes ago, goinsnoopin said:

when I hit update it goes to updating and stays there.  

You might try editing the XML, that should work, if you're not sure the line to delete post the XML here.

35 minutes ago, goinsnoopin said:

Do you think something on flash could be corrupted?

libvirt is not flash dependent, can't see how it would affect that, the only thing I can think is some backup plugin/script working in reverse, and restoring the libvirt.img on reboot, but also doesn't make much sense.

32 minutes ago, goinsnoopin said:

Or.....in looking at update os in tools, should I restore/revert to Unraid 6.6.6 stable?   See if it works as it used to then go back up to 6.6.7 stable?

Also seems unlikely to help, but no harm in trying.

Tried Safe mode and rolled back to 6.6.6

Same result, old VMs showed up autostarted and crashed the 2 disks.

Could something have stuck in the ram?  Wondering if I should run memtest after disk3 rebuild #4 is finished.

During the rebuild I enabled VMs got the old listings, deleted VMs and added my kitchenpc from backup XML and used it for hours all while rebuild was going on.   Decided to disable VMs then reenabled to see if old VMs came back and got a new error...libvirt service failed to start. 

See diagnostics... libvirt.img in use cannot mount

tower-diagnostics-20190507-2248.zip

Edited by goinsnoopin

Johnnie, I really appreciate all of your assistance.   Disk3 rebuild #4 completed.  I rebooted and all started as expected.  Old VMs are now gone.  While the last rebuild was going on, this was the only time I was able to edit the old VMs and change the XML to the USB3 PCI card.  After editing them I removed them thinking maybe since the edits stuck...that maybe removing them would as well.  Once they were removed I created a test Linux VM and it started successfully.  The shut it down and recreated my original VM from an XML backup.   The VM worked fine.   On reboot only these two new VMs show up.   Not sure I completely understand, but am happy to be back to normal.   I rebooted in normal mode...all was fine.  The updated back to 6.6.7 and all is fine.

Johnnie - THANKS AGAIN!

Edited by goinsnoopin
marking as solved