Noob needs Help with rsync

I have 4 different server locations on 4 separate internet connections my goal is to have all the same data on all 4 servers so local users have almost no load time when opening a file. as there is an ocean between locations i thought this would be the best solution since the upload speed at all locations dont break 20meg. at the moment we are using dropbox but that requires alot of local storage to be eaten for fast loads. 

I figure atleast with some sort of syncing going on, its uploaded or downloaded once at a location per change instead of all the pc's reducing traffic considerably, i tried the dropbox docker but that is not ready and made lots of sync conflict files and did not store the files on the server with rclone. 

So any and all advice is welcomed and if its script related could you please take a extra few min to give me a sample of one and where to put it.

Many thanks in advance   

Yes it is script related and yes it will move files reliably internationally, but rsync is more like backup or copy than sync. You can copy both ways and remove deleted files, but you are not likely to be happy with the result.

Now if you can live with a static file structure with no file deletes renames or file moves, you might be satisfied. If all file creation and file modification happens at one Central location, even better.

But Dropbox is much better at true bidirectional syncing. Also check out rclone with Google drive or Amazon cloud storage.

Sent from my chisel, carved into granite

3 hours ago, tr0910 said:

Yes it is script related and yes it will move files reliably internationally, but rsync is more like backup or copy than sync. You can copy both ways and remove deleted files, but you are not likely to be happy with the result.

Now if you can live with a static file structure with no file deletes renames or file moves, you might be satisfied. If all file creation and file modification happens at one Central location, even better.

But Dropbox is much better at true bidirectional syncing. Also check out rclone with Google drive or Amazon cloud storage.

Sent from my chisel, carved into granite

rclone was too slow its did not keep a copy local unless it was in use or had been opened recently so it had to pull files from dropbox then you could open it which is not that noticeable with small docs but when your pulling raw footage to edit took a long time. unless i did somthing wrong and there is a setting to keep a copy of everything on the local server.

There are 2 locations that would be doing most of the changes the other 2 are offices that are realy used to i was going to set them up as backups. The 2 offices that would do most of the reading and writing are 5 hour time zone diffrences so only few hours where they both could possably access the same files. my situation must be sort of common is there another program i should be using?