SSD Instead of Thumb drive?

Is it possible to use one of my ssd's instead of a flash drive? I don't really have flash drives but many ssd's also I know what speed they are instead of having to buy a "really expensive" flash drive just for unraid, since I have the ssd's just lying around.

Edit: I want to add that I did search on "ssd" before posting this, and it netted zero results.

Edited by HAJFAJV
On 5/9/2019 at 5:53 PM, Squid said:

No. Unraid loads the files from the flash, but executes completely from RAM. Even if you could load the OS from a ssd there is zero performance benefit from doing so

Sent via telekinesis

Oh thanks then it actually makes no sense why anyone would want a "fast" flash drive. Maybe I'm confusing Unraid with Freenas or something.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:52 PM, primeval_god said:

Just to add to Squid's response here. unRAID uses the USB flash drive in its licensing scheme, that is why it must be a USB flash drive. It doesnt need to be an expensive, fast or even a very large USB flash drive. Mine is a 16G USB2 Monster Digital one, cost like $5. 

Thanks for helping clearing this up for me.