Custom Filesharing Links

Dr. Ew

This has been something on my to-do list for a while, and feeling like knocking it out now.

I want to be able to send clients files from cloud storage. Instead of utilizing gDrive or Dropbox, I want to use OwnCloud or NextCloud, or alternative to create shareable links with a custom domain.

So let's say either a domain I own or ddns domain. I want to send a client files to download with: Dr. Ooh has sent you a file to download: www.nARctic.cloud/xxxxxx.rar for example.

That's the bare minimum. Ideally, the landing page the client reaches is custom as well. I'm thinking that's something I could set up in a web server on one of my servers. Yeah?

How do I go about it?

Actually this is my setup for sharing files with friends and family.

I setup a nextcloud docker with reverse proxy "Nginx Proxy Manager" and added shares from my unraid to it with "External Storage Support" plugin and I can share any files from within unraid without having to upload them to any cloud provider.

it took me a while to get it all perfected.

if you want to follow "Spaceinvader One" video you can add an extra docker which is phpmyadmin docker to make the database usage easier for local access.