Not enough space on drive

I've had a look at some other posts, that experience the "There is not enough space on rootshare". However when checking the logs for drives showing 100% full or the cache enablement i still experience the issue regardless of what i change it to.

I have an unassigned drive (nvmeOn1) which is a 1TB Samsung 970 Evo. I'm trying to use this drive as a network drive to write/read from, however I constantly run into the issues of not enough space, although the drive has over 900Gb left. 

Any help or guidance, would be hugely appreciated.

zen-diagnostics-20190510-0808.zip

Were you experiencing a problem when you took those diagnostics?

There isn't really anything called "rootshare". Perhaps you meant "rootfs". That is the root of the OS, and it is all in RAM. If you accidentally fill that up lots of things are going to break, but I don't see that happening in those diagnostics.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Were you experiencing a problem when you took those diagnostics?

There isn't really anything called "rootshare". Perhaps you meant "rootfs". That is the root of the OS, and it is all in RAM. If you accidentally fill that up lots of things are going to break, but I don't see that happening in those diagnostics.

Hi there,

Yes I had experienced the problem just before I requested diagnostics.

I'll take a video to show what I mean in a couple hours showing the issue.

Probably unrelated to your reported issue, but some other things I notice in your diagnostics.

Like many people, your general docker configuration is less than ideal. You have some of it not on cache, which means your parity is involved when your dockers are running, so you will have spinning disks and less performance than you could have if it was all on cache. And your docker image is much larger than it needs to be. I always say set it to 20G and you are very unlikely to get close to using that unless you have some docker application configure wrong.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Probably unrelated to your reported issue, but some other things I notice in your diagnostics.

Like many people, your general docker configuration is less than ideal. You have some of it not on cache, which means your parity is involved when your dockers are running, so you will have spinning disks and less performance than you could have if it was all on cache. And your docker image is much larger than it needs to be. I always say set it to 20G and you are very unlikely to get close to using that unless you have some docker application configure wrong.

Thank you for highlighting this.

Currently i'm new to unraid and i'm now in the process of rebuilding a failed drive. I had issues with my docker file saying that it was almost full, or i think it was an error log getting full. So I increased it to a rediculous amount. I'll try bringing it back to 20G instead and see how it goes after the rebuild.

With regards to the docker being part on the cache part on the disk drives, could you advise how i would change this? I was under the impression that everything was on the cache.

6 hours ago, Zyluphix said:

Thank you for highlighting this.

Currently i'm new to unraid and i'm now in the process of rebuilding a failed drive. I had issues with my docker file saying that it was almost full, or i think it was an error log getting full. So I increased it to a rediculous amount. I'll try bringing it back to 20G instead and see how it goes after the rebuild.

With regards to the docker being part on the cache part on the disk drives, could you advise how i would change this? I was under the impression that everything was on the cache.

Disable the docker service then after the rebuild is done we can work through getting these other things taken care of.

17 hours ago, trurl said:

Disable the docker service then after the rebuild is done we can work through getting these other things taken care of.

So i've reduced the docker size and the array has successfully rebuilt.

Now onto the docker moving from the drives to the cache?

1. Disable docker service and delete the docker image. Also disable VM service.
  2. Set appdata, domains, system shares to cache-prefer.
  3. Run mover and wait for it to complete.
  4. Go to User Shares and Compute All to check that appdata, domains, system shares have files only on cache and no other disk.
  5. Post a new diagnostic.