Unraid OS version 6.7 available

1 hour ago, calypsoSA said:

Also upgraded and missing drives all over due to the marvell issue. Never had a problem before.

Rolling back.

Should this not be noted as a breaking change, as I imagine many people are going to be in the same situation. 

Same issue here, during boot it tried to access the drives but eventually gave up.

Havent tried anythig that could change something, like a diffrent PCI-Slot or ACS override.

Reroll worked.

Agree on having a note in this thread or the release notes.

It seems this is a known "potential" issue since RC and has not been fixed for those that are effected.

IOMMU group 1:  [8086:1901] 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)

[8086:1905] 00:01.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x8) (rev 07)

[1b4b:9230] 02:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

3 hours ago, calypsoSA said:

Also upgraded and missing drives all over due to the marvell issue. Never had a problem before.

Rolling back.

Should this not be noted as a breaking change, as I imagine many people are going to be in the same situation. 

I think this is a problem that only some people encounter?   As far as I know everyone who tried the betas eventually got it working (unless they quietly rolled back to Stable without mentioning it) so it was not obvious that many users might encounter an issue?

Have you tried the suggested solution of disabling VT-D to see if it works for you?

FWIW, I have a marvell controller (HighPoint Rocket 620 2-port) and upgrade went fine.

IOMMU group 18:	[1b4b:9120] 05:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9120 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 12)
	[1b4b:91a4] 05:00.1 IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE912x IDE Controller (rev 12)

Regarding the Marvell Controller issues:

I have Marvell controller and updated from 6.6.1 ----> 6.7.0 without any issue. Boots fine, Array Starts fine, posting this message on my Win10 VM.

This is the Marvell Controller I use.

IOMMU group 20:	[1b4b:9172] 05:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
IOMMU group 21:	[1b4b:9172] 06:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
IOMMU group 22:	[1b4b:9172] 07:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

@MrSage Your "appdata" and "system" folders exist both on the cache device and array.

Do the following:

1. Stop the Docker service and VM service (see settings)
  2. Change the setting "Use cache disk" to Prefer for both the appdata share and the system share (see shares)
  3. Run the Mover (see main)
  4. Do a "compute all" on the share page to verify that these shares now only exist on the cache device
  5. Change the setting "Use cache disk" to Yes Only for both shares

Edited by bonienl
15 minutes ago, bonienl said:

@MrSage Your "appdata" and "system" folders exist both on the cache device and array.

Do the following:

2. Change the setting "Use cache disk" to Prefer for both the appdata share and the system share (see shares)
  4. Do a "compute all" on the share page to verify that these shares now only exist on the cache device
  5. Change the setting "Use cache disk" to Yes for both shares

Should step 5 not be ‘Only’ (or leave it at Prefer).

36 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Do the following:

5. Change the setting "Use cache disk" to Yes for both shares

Okay...so ive done all this and still no dice.   Here is my latest diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20190511-1517.zip

36 minutes ago, bonienl said:

These diagnostics still show the shares exist on the array.

Post a screenshot of the Share page after a "compute all"

FjnjDiT.png

E5SxRhJ.png

Maybe I should just restore the previous version?   Not sure what to do.

Edited by MrSage
  • jonp unpinned this topic