Unraid OS version 6.7 available

3 minutes ago, acozad1 said:

So I had to downgrade to 6.6.7 to bring my server back up and running. I was running perfect on the RC8.

Yeah...i downgraded as well and my apps and vms are still missing so im going to upgrade again and try to get this fixed....i have too much to loose ...this sucks.

17 minutes ago, MrSage said:

Maybe I should just restore the previous version?   Not sure what to do.

Your Docker and VM are not properly set up. This needs to be corrected and is not version related.

If you are familiar with CLI and midnight commander (mc) then you can manually move all files to the cache device

22 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Your Docker and VM are not properly set up. This needs to be corrected and is not version related.

If you are familiar with CLI and midnight commander (mc) then you can manually move all files to the cache device

Wouldnt it make sense to have a built-in file mover in unraid?   Is this possible?

Just now, MrSage said:

Wouldnt it make sense to have a built-in file mover in unraid?   Is this possible?

You mean the ‘mover’ application :)  You do need to have the Use Cache setting for the shares in question set correctly for mover to movefiles in the right direction.   You also need to ensure that no application has files open as mover will not touch such files (which is why you will often see a recommendation that the VM and Docker services are turned off while correcting files being wrongly located).

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, itimpi said:

I think this is a problem that only some people encounter?   As far as I know everyone who tried the betas eventually got it working (unless they quietly rolled back to Stable without mentioning it) so it was not obvious that many users might encounter an issue?

Have you tried the suggested solution of disabling VT-D to see if it works for you?

I did not follow Betas or RCs, but from the Post that was linked on page 1, it looks, those that were effected changed controllers.

Disabling VTd is not an option for me, so it won't help.

I am not saying it should or can be fixed, but a note that this has happened so some people may be helpful.

And if you follow the link to the bugreport, it was changed to a specific controller.

It matches my controller and not those that have no issues.

summary:  - amd_iommu conflict with Marvell Sata controller

+ amd_iommu conflict with Marvell 88SE9230 SATA Controller

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1810239

[1b4b:9230] 02:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Marvell/VT-D issues are nothing new, see for example this thread, some users are more affected than others, it might get better or worse with any newer kernel, nothing that LT can fix directly, anyone than can afford to get them replaced with for example an LSI HBA should.

Yes, I knew that before I tried it. I had no issues until 6.7.0.

I don't mind, just feedback for those that might also have that exact model.

53 minutes ago, bonienl said:

kAHF4sR.png

I believe im doing this right?   Im moving from disk1 appdata to cache/appdata.... and im supposed to do the same with my system forlder as well?

12 minutes ago, MrSage said:

I believe im doing this right? 

Yeah this is correct. At the end make sure the folder "appdata" does not exist anymore on disk1 (and the other disks where it is present)

Repeat the same for the system folder.

Both these folders (shares) need to have the setting "Use cache disk = ONLY"

1 hour ago, dAigo said:

I did not follow Betas or RCs, but from the Post that was linked on page 1, it looks, those that were effected changed controllers.

Disabling VTd is not an option for me, so it won't help.

I am not saying it should or can be fixed, but a note that this has happened so some people may be helpful.

And if you follow the link to the bugreport, it was changed to a specific controller.

It matches my controller and not those that have no issues.

summary:  - amd_iommu conflict with Marvell Sata controller

+ amd_iommu conflict with Marvell 88SE9230 SATA Controller

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1810239

[1b4b:9230] 02:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

Yes, I knew that before I tried it. I had no issues until 6.7.0.

I don't mind, just feedback for those that might also have that exact model.

I am in the same position. Disabling VTd is not an option.

8 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Options still available are to replace the Marvell controllers.

For whatever reason.....my 6.7.0 update Went just fine and I use Marvell SATA controller. Seems like the issue is hit or miss depending on the version/type of Marvell Controller you have.

For those with Marvell controller issues, you might want to read through this old thread.  As you can tell, issues with Marvell are not new.  To my knowledge, no one has ever pinned down exactly what is going on.  Sometimes they work for some people for long periods of time and then suddenly start giving problems.  

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/39003-marvell-disk-controller-chipsets-and-virtualization/

The basic recommendation for some time has been, if you have a problem with Marvell Controller card (or MB chip set), quit using it.  The LSI solution for plug-in cards is not that expensive these days...

• Like 1

I upgraded to rc7, then 8, and now the final version.  in all 3 versions, I've lost the USB controller in my VM.

I un-selected the (other PCI devices) rebooted the VM, then stopped, and re-selected it, and it still isn't being recognized (I can't use my keyboard in the VM).

I saw some mention about changing the way devices are handled, but I don't follow unraid closely enough to know if this is my problem, or something else.

i've posted my diagnostics.  i didn't see anything obvious in there, but maybe one of you is able to see what happened and point me to a solution.

Thanks

media-diagnostics-20190511-1957.zip

Upgrade seems to have gone OK, however there is something wrong with the VMS tab. My auto-start VMs start up just fine, no errors in the system log or libvirt log as far as I can tell. The VMs tab just shows the loading animation and never actually loads.

In the browser console log I do see this:

"Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token"

I also see that the request for /sub/var is pending with a 101 status code.

Any ideas?

Hi, team. I upgraded from 6.6.6 (stable) to 6.7.0 (stable). And it broke both the server and my heart. I guess this release starts off on the wrong foot for a lot of people.

In Summary:

- I'm having massive network-related and some PCI-related issues.

- I need help. Diagnostics attached. Thank you in advance!

In Full Detail:

Been an extremely happy Unraid user for quite a while now. Never had any OS issues before, other than the occasional hiccups which I caused with my limited understanding of Linux. But nothing which a friendly chat here in the forums or a video from Ed wouldn't fix.

This time is different though. Upon boot everything seemed fine - the Docker containers auto-started, everything was peachy at first glance. Alas as soon as I started clicking around I found out a lot of issues, namely:

1. The Apps tab (Community Plugins) - told me that it couldn't connect to download the latest list of apps, and according to it - there were DNS issues. Went to check the network settings - everything seemed fine. It had been fine up to 5 minutes ago before the upgrade, why wouldn't it be now?

2. A lot of Docker containers (most operating via regular bridge connection) didn't load in their respective Web UI's

3. The DelugeVPN Docker container - which as the name suggest utilizes VPN and Privoxy, told me it couldn't connect to its respective VPN server, as it couldn't resolve the name of the server... ****.privateinternetaccess.com. Hmm... so perhaps there was some DNS issue...

4. The Let'sEncrypt Docker container - couldn't pass on the necessary data and none of the nginx connections loaded properly. The plot thickened.

5. Decided to try the PING via the Web Terminal - it pinged through to the Router as well as other PCs on the network. But it didn't want to ping any hostnames like google.com for instance.

6. That's when I noticed that my router (Google WiFi mesh network) - didn't recognize the device as being live on the network at all. Apparently, I was able to connect to the Web GUI, so it did have the correct IP set up, but Docker and the Router seemed to think it's offline for whatever reason.

The stuff which was working:

7. Finally, Unraid got the UI it deserved :)

8. The VMs worked normally for the most part - I say "for the most part", because the PCIe USB controller which I have in the system sort-of disappeared after the upgrade and the VMs didn't auto-start. At least they had a network connection and ran fine.

9. The PLEX Docker Container - couldn't connect locally, but at least the Remote connection worked, so my family wasn't going to be stranded media-less for that period of time. And that was sole because of that I've separated it on a separate IP address (different than the Tower one) via br0 bridge.

What I tried (Troubleshooting steps I took) in resolving the networking situation:

10. Pinging from Tower (terminal) to the outside world - Still crap.

11. Connecting from the outside world to the Let's Encrypt / nginx / nextcloud - Still crap.

12. Connecting from the outside world to the Open VPN server running as a plugin - Still crap.

13. Running SpeedTest plugin to reach out to the outside world servers - Still crap.

14. Disabled Docker. Rebooted. - Still crap.

15. Disabled Libvirt. Rebooted. - Still crap.

16. Started Unraid in SafeMod - No plugins, everything else disabled (Docker, VMs, etc.). Couldn't be more barebones than this. Even the Array was stopped - Still crap.

* And I did try to plug and unplug the network cable, as well as reboot all my network gear a couple of times along the tens of server reboots as well.

That's when I decided it's time for a rollback. So now I'm back on 6.6.6 and everything is running as smoothly as ever again.

Please help me. Diagnostics file attached. Thank you upfront!

cortex-diagnostics-20190511-1238.zip

Edited by eybox
clarification
3 minutes ago, limetech said:

What do you mean by "Fail" in this case?

In all the "Fail" cases, I meant that it kept on working improperly as described in the points above. Not that the OS failed to start. Sorry, my bad :) 

Edited by eybox
clarification
13 minutes ago, eybox said:

In all the "Fail" cases, I meant that it kept on working improperly as described in the points above. Not that the OS failed to start. Sorry, my bad :) 

Ok but if you boot in safe mode, means no plugins, and also docker and kvm disabled, in this state, what fails?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, limetech said:

Ok but if you boot in safe mode, means no plugins, and also docker and kvm disabled, in this state, what fails?

First of all, please allow me to show my gratitude for the amazing work you and the people at limetech have done for all of us. As well as for you helping me right now. Cheers 🍺

Back to your question:

- The router still didn't see the server as an active device on the network

- Still couldn't ping the outside world from Tower.

I do believe it's an in-OS change which triggered the network-related issues, at least that's what I deduced based on my troubleshooting. But I'm just not advanced enough to tackle these on my own 😢

• jonp unpinned this topic