Unraid OS version 6.7 available

26 minutes ago, squirrellydw said:

upgrade went smooth, thanks for the great work.  Any idea when secure remote connections will happen?  Would love to log into my server when away.

I installed the openvpn-as docker container which allows me to do exactly this.     It would be nice if it was baked in but the docker solution is an easy alternative.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ElectricBadger said:

I like the new dashboard, but is it possible for users to reorder the boxes?

I'd like to have Parity appear above Shares and Users, as the utilization counters are useful to have on the screen without scrolling (even with Shares and Users collapsed, it doesn't quite fit on a 27" display — Edit: this is with the window sized for two columns. Making the window a bit wider gives a better layout, but it takes up rather a lot of the screen!)

Similarly, I'd want to put Motherboard below Processor and Memory in the server view on the left, since it doesn't tend to change much, and you know when you've changed it :)

Not suggesting making these changes for everybody, as everybody has different needs — but I can't see any way of reordering them myself.

how did you get the 3 column layout im not seeing it or maybe im blind lol

I've temporarily disabled VT-d until I get a new card. I had a couple of issues on the 6.7 upgrade.

1. The Global Share Settings icon is missing. Or, does it simply not have an icon?

2. I had no Internet access. I had to add a default route.

updated the hp ml30 g9. seems functional but I don't recall having the following warnings in 6.6.7 (but they could have been there):

May 14 10:33:07 Tower kernel: ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled
May 14 10:33:07 Tower kernel: Warning: node 0 [mem 0x00000000-0x7bffffff] overlaps with itself [mem 0x00100000-0x4a614fff]

May 14 10:33:07 Tower kernel: pci 0000:03:00.0: BAR 6: failed to assign [mem size 0x00100000 pref]
May 14 10:33:07 Tower kernel: pci 0000:09:00.0: BAR 6: failed to assign [mem size 0x00100000 pref]

the two devices with failed memory are 

IOMMU group 1:	[8086:1901] 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)
[1000:0072] 03:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)

IOMMU group 11:	[15b3:6750] 09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT26448 [ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] (rev b0)

But both appear to be functioning. Anything to worry about?

13 minutes ago, Dazog said:

It's only a minor kernel bump from our current version 4.19.41 to the fixed version of 4.19.43

I wouldn't be suprised if @limetech release a v6.7.1 at some point.

Still need the paired Intel microcode though....

13 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

It's only a minor kernel bump from our current version 4.19.41 to the fixed version of 4.19.43

Yea, no word from AMD yet if it affects them...

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Yes we're watching this and waiting for the microcode release.

Interesting comment from Greg K-H:

Note, this release, and the other stable releases that are all being released right now at the same time, just went out all contain patches that have only seen the "public eye" for about 5 minutes. So be forwarned, they might break things, they might not build, but hopefully they fix things. Odds are we will be fixing a number of small things in this area for the next few weeks as things shake out on real hardware and workloads. So don't think you are done updating your kernel, you never are done with that :)

Doesn't exactly give you the "warm and fuzzies" right?  Then again, could be worse: think of the headaches over at Intel 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm also having the upgrade issue I think is related to the Marvel controller. Disabling Intel VT-D did not work.

This is what I have :

00:11.4 SATA controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset sSATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset 6-Port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 05)
81:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

Also attached diagnostics. I can't seem to make this work. I can't really afford to replace the controller either yet =/

Anyone have any other ideas?

asc-unraid01-diagnostics-20190514-2332.zip

16 minutes ago, shinta148 said:

I'm also having the upgrade issue I think is related to the Marvel controller. Disabling Intel VT-D did not work.

This is what I have :

00:11.4 SATA controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset sSATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset 6-Port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 05)
81:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

Also attached diagnostics. I can't seem to make this work. I can't really afford to replace the controller either yet =/

Anyone have any other ideas?

asc-unraid01-diagnostics-20190514-2332.zip 95.87 kB · 0 downloads

You can try this:

6 hours ago, bonienl said:

Another statement to add to the "warm and fuzzies" ... Supposedly up to 10% performance penalty for MDS

I'm reading that complete mitigation against the MDS flaw requires hyperthreading to be disabled, which will hit the performance of their higher end processors even harder, though Intel is playing it down.

12 minutes ago, John_M said:

I'm reading that complete mitigation against the MDS flaw requires hyperthreading to be disabled, which will hit the performance of their higher end processors even harder, though Intel is playing it down.

I think it’s a huge deal. For every generation affected by this (except for the 9th gen), this turns your i7 into an i5. That’s about $100 difference that has now been wasted. I was really looking to use the i7-8700 for my build at the end of the year but I’m almost 100% sure to be switching to Ryzen now.

Intel is really screwing over a lot of companies with this dropping of hyperthreading. I read somewhere yesterday that some systems could see a drop as much as 40% in performance. That’s selling a bad bill of goods. They better prepare to get sued to oblivion for this.

• jonp unpinned this topic