Unraid OS version 6.7 available

10 minutes ago, Dazza1 said:

I upgraded from 6.6.7 to 6.7 and now the docker doesn’t update, it can’t find a network, it wants me to change the DNS of the router to 8.8.8.8 when ever I roll it back to 6.6.7 it works perfectly with my routers config, someone said the problem was with the network.cfg file where do I find this to alter it so I can actually update to 6.7 help please

It is in the   config   directory/folder.  Before you modify it in any way, I would suggest that you do two things. 

First, make a backup copy of your entire flash drive.  You can do this from the Main page.  Click on  Flash  under the Device column.  Under the 'Flash Device Settings', you will find the backup button.

Second, make a copy of the network,cfg file in its folder.   That will make it easy to recover if you need to revert back to your original configuration.  

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Dazza1 said:

I upgraded from 6.6.7 to 6.7 and now the docker doesn’t update, it can’t find a network, it wants me to change the DNS of the router to 8.8.8.8 when ever I roll it back to 6.6.7 it works perfectly with my routers config, someone said the problem was with the network.cfg file where do I find this to alter it so I can actually update to 6.7 help please

You may try static the DNS setting in ETH0, there are some odd in 6.7 if dhcp.

• Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, Benson said:

You may try static the DNS setting in ETH0, there are some odd in 6.7 if dhcp.

Hi thanks it has been on static since day one, I think I’ll leave it on 6.6.7 rather than muck up a working server, I’ll just have to wait till they fix it in an update hopefully!🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dazza1 said:

Hi thanks it has been on static since day one, I think I’ll leave it on 6.6.7 rather than muck up a working server, I’ll just have to wait till they fix it in an update hopefully!🤷🏾‍♂️

Note and tks, I got problem with DNS auto (mulit NIC), static it then solve.

OK just upgraded from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0, had the marvell issue, as 2 drives failed to load up, and array couldn't start. Using card Vantec UGT-ST644R, which come to find out apparently uses a Marvell chipset (HyperDuo is a Technology Created by Marvell that Encompasses Both SSD and HDD Technologies to give You the Speed Without the Premium Price).

Anyways, since I also had another 2 port card from a previous build (upgraded old BM85 MB to a Supermicro X10SRi-F), added that card and now all is well again.

anyone else seeing this in 6.7.0 every 5 hours:

dhcpcd[1589]: eth0: failed to renew DHCP, rebinding

I do dhcp with static assignments from my router. nothing has changed there recently (uptime on router was 85 days), rebooted this yesterday thinking it may have been the source but checked today and still seeing the messages.

Looking back at my logs, looks like it started on the 6.7.0-rc8.

as my logs from 6.7.0-rc7 and older does not have any of the entries.

network is integrated into mobo, its a realtek:

kernel: r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: RTL8168evl/8111evl, d4:3d:7e:4d:e4:89, XID 2c900800, IRQ 26

looks to be cosmetic as nothing shows any impact by it.

looking at the unraid 6.7.0 release I see:

dhcpcd: version 7.2.0

guessing this is the root cause.

just fyi, latest is 7.2.2

Edited by zoggy
16 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Strangely this never presented as an issue during 6.7rc8, but I tried rolling back and it is an issue now... bandaid fix will do for now :)

Besides DNS issue, I also encounter some strange network behaviour, i.e. some network setting which work in previous, but now it dosen't because it was "conflict". I have multi network interface, some will be up or down, I would expect if interface down then other up interface would take over, but not always work. I also try bond them also not always work, metric setting also same.

Edited by Benson
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, zoggy said:

anyone else seeing this in 6.7.0 every 5 hours:

dhcpcd[1589]: eth0: failed to renew DHCP, rebinding

No this problem, IP setting was DHCP, but static DNS. My DHCP (router) rent time was 1hrs, so expect every 30min renew.

1 hour ago, Benson said:

Besides DNS issue, I also encounter some strange network behaviour, i.e. some network setting which work in previous, but now it dosen't because it was "conflict". I have multi network interface, some will be up or down, I would expect if interface down then other up interface would take over, but not always work. I also try bond them also not always work, metric setting also same.

I wonder if anyone with single NIC systems is having issues, or whether it is only users with multiple NICs encountering issues?

Might test on my single NIC test system to see if DNS issues exist on that system.

Curious on functionality...
with the new option to "pause" a parity check, if paused and you reboot server, can you resume parity check or will it start a new one?
Future as per the OP

Parity sync/Data rebuild/Check pause/resume capability.  Main functionality in place.  Pause/resume not preserved across system restarts yet however.

Sent via telekinesis

• Like 1

Upgraded from 6.6.7 to 6.7, haven't had any problems.

Previous uptime: 75d, 19h, 58m

Current uptime: 9d, 1h, 21m

According to "System Devices", my Dell HV52W PERC H310 controller has a Marvell chipset (88SE9485).  As far as I know, people on this chipset are not seeing the missing drives issue?  I have not had any issues on my system so far.

My next step is to do the "amd_iommu=pt", but for the moment, things are running smoothly.

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Dell H310 uses an LSI chipset and will work fine.

Hmmm, well I don't have the card in hand, but that's what I thought I bought off eBay some years ago.

System Devices reads as follows:

RAID bus controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9485 SAS/SATA 6Gb/s controller (rev 03)

So, dunno?

18 minutes ago, ufopinball said:

RAID bus controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9485 SAS/SATA 6Gb/s controller (rev 03)

That's definitely not a Dell H310, looks like a SAS2LP, possibly a RocketRAID, there's at least one model that looks identical on the device list to the SAS2LP, but the missing drives issues appears to be limited to the Marvell 9230

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

That's definitely not a Dell H310, looks like a SAS2LP, possibly a RocketRAID, there's at least one model that looks identical on the device list to the SAS2LP, but the missing drives issues appears to be limited to the Marvell 9230

I'm sure you're right.  I did buy an AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 at one point in time, I must have lost track of which one I have in the machine.  Thanks for the sharp eye!

I faced an odd issue where the web gui would load but not completely. Specifically the dash wouldnt load but disk view would excluding the action buttons at the bottom. Docker view wouldnt load at all but settings would. Dockers containers did not work or were super slow (hard to say)

Manually restarting one container instantly kicked web gui and docker into a working state.

I cant replicate.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, zoggy said:

I can confirm you will get a marvell warning from the plugin (although a bit vague):

I get it because I have a Supermicro's SAS2LP-MV8 controller (based on the Marvell 9480 host controller). "Marvell" never shows up in my syslog anywhere.

As others have noted, some Marvell controllers are fine (never been a problem and still is fine on 6.7.0) but it is more of piece of mind to us another brand for reliability.

Have you had any problems with your SAS2LP-MV8 on 6.7?  I have the same card and am hesitant to upgrade given the other issues noted in this thread.  I guess I should investigate if there's a well-reviewed LSI-based card that's a drop-in replacement.  I don't really want to redo cabling if I don't have to, and my MV8 has been rock solid for over 8 years now.

I installed this last week and the server failed to boot after initializing SMB. I then attempted to downgrade manually by moving the backup files back into place, but the web interface broke. I then manually reinstalled the new release, and it once again froze in the same place. Frustrated, I booted in safe mode and it worked! Turns out that DevPack was incompatible with the new kernel version. After uninstalling the server worked fine.

TLDR: Remove DevPack before upgrading, or your server won't boot.

• jonp unpinned this topic