Unraid OS version 6.7 available

5 minutes ago, bfh said:

Turns out that DevPack was incompatible with the new kernel version. After uninstalling the server worked fine.

TLDR: Remove DevPack before upgrading, or your server won't boot.

You should probably post this up in the Support thread for DevPack, also, if it is not already an known issue. 

New unRAID user here. Thanks to all the dev's and community members for your hard work! After running the trial, I knew this was the way to go. That first free fix gets us every time. :)

What is the process for backing up the server config before performing upgrades? I looked at the 6.x wiki, but didn't see anything. I'm sure this is already out there somewhere, I just missed it. If everything is self contained to the flash drive, then I already have a backup. I just didn't want to corrupt any dockers or array configs. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Vabch22 said:

What is the process for backing up the server config before performing upgrades?

When upgrading through the GUI, the relevant files are automatically backed up on the flash drive (Previous folder).  You can always revert by going to Tools - Update OS and reverting from there.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Vabch22 said:

If everything is self contained to the flash drive, then I already have a backup. I just didn't want to corrupt any dockers or array configs. 

Yes, everything is on the Flash Drive.  IF you want a quick way to make a backup, got  Main  >>>>  Boot Device  Click on "Flash" under the Device column, then Flash Device Settings  and click on the 'Flash Backup' button.    

2 hours ago, bfh said:

I installed this last week and the server failed to boot after initializing SMB. I then attempted to downgrade manually by moving the backup files back into place, but the web interface broke. I then manually reinstalled the new release, and it once again froze in the same place. Frustrated, I booted in safe mode and it worked! Turns out that DevPack was incompatible with the new kernel version. After uninstalling the server worked fine.

TLDR: Remove DevPack before upgrading, or your server won't boot.

Rather than DevPack itself being incompatible it is likely to be one of the packages installed by DevPack.    You could probably just have disabled any packages being installed and managed a successful boot.     You would then be in a position to identify exactly which is the problem package(s).

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

Rather than DevPack itself being incompatible it is likely to be one of the packages installed by DevPack.    You could probably just have disabled any packages being installed and managed a successful boot.     You would then be in a position to identify exactly which is the problem package(s).

I don't know how to do that without the plugin being loaded. What config file should I edit?

3 minutes ago, bfh said:

I don't know how to do that without the plugin being loaded. What config file should I edit?

Devpack would store it’s settings under /boot/config/plugins/DevPack/DevPack.cfg.   That is a text file and it would have a yes/no for each possible package it can install   However one does not normally edit this file manually - instead it is normally done via Settings->DevPack

16 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Devpack would store it’s settings under /boot/config/plugins/DevPack/DevPack.cfg.   That is a text file and it would have a yes/no for each possible package it can install   However one does not normally edit this file manually - instead it is normally done via Settings->DevPack

Will editing the config file work? Obviosly, I cannot edit it through settings because my server won't start if I have the plugin.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:09 AM, bonienl said:

Docker containers and VMs on the dashboard are loaded in the background.

If something is amiss with either the Docker or libvirt service, it would hamper the dashboard.

I think I can actually replicate this now.

If i mount a USB drive and copy files continuously to my SSD cache drive which also is the location of my docker loopback image then after a few minutes docker starts to not respond which obviously ruins the web GUI as well.

I routinely copied files in this way in all previous versions and the cache drive seems fine (its pretty new) and there are no errors in any log that I can see.

The SSD is attached to a motherboard SATA port directly.

I am pretty sure it is IO WAIT as load sky rockets. Will wait and see if its an "only me" problem.

12 hours ago, NAS said:

I think I can actually replicate this now.

If i mount a USB drive and copy files continuously to my SSD cache drive which also is the location of my docker loopback image then after a few minutes docker starts to not respond which obviously ruins the web GUI as well.

I routinely copied files in this way in all previous versions and the cache drive seems fine (its pretty new) and there are no errors in any log that I can see.

The SSD is attached to a motherboard SATA port directly.

I am pretty sure it is IO WAIT as load sky rockets. Will wait and see if its an "only me" problem.

Would be nice to have 'cache groups' for different purposes.

For example:

"cache group":storage -> used strictly for storage

"cache group": docker -> used strictly for docker images

"cache group": VMs -> used strictly for VMs

That way they won't have to fight for Disk I/O.

One can only dream...

Edited by ezhik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, ezhik said:

For example:

One can only dream...

Multiple cache pools has been something many have asked to be developed for quite a while now....

On 5/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, John_M said:

Changing application and configuration icons from coloured ones to monochrome ones has taken away information because they are now distinguishable only by their shape. Also, the new icons are less obvious in their meaning, being more simplistic and somewhat cryptic. I rather liked the skeuomorphic can of sardines VM Manager icon and it was very easy to spot on the Settings page but I'm sure I'll get used to the split-in-two monitor icon.

I'm with this. My Settings and Plugin pages are now a mess of indistinguishable monochrome blandness. At least provide an either/or option.

For example:

One can only dream...

Current way people are doing something similar is using a cache drive (ssd) and an unsigned disk (ssd) then have downloads on one, and metadata and docker loopback on the other, best solution at present.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, meep said:

I'm with this. My Settings and Plugin pages are now a mess of indistinguishable monochrome blandness. At least provide an either/or option.

It's a lost cause - I realised that when I was told that icons aren't intended to be functional, just eye candy. I've given up whining and moved on.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

Current way people are doing something similar is using a cache drive (sdd) and an unsigned disk (sdd) then have downloads on one, and metadata and docker loopback on the other, best solution at present.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Nice, noted. This doesn't provide you with redundancy, but you can compensate with daily backups through other plugins.

31 minutes ago, ezhik said:

Nice, noted. This doesn't provide you with redundancy, but you can compensate with daily backups through other plugins.

It does if you create a pool of devices to be handled by UD (just as it does for a cache pool) :)  In both cases backups make sense because BTRFS pools seem to be a little prone to corruption from what I have seen in forum messages.

I'm getting the below error when I try to update from 6.6.6 to this version. I assume its not specific to the version, but I still figured this would be the best place to post about it.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-x86_64.zip ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-x86_64.zip download failure (File I/O error)

4 minutes ago, buxton said:

I'm getting the below error when I try to update from 6.6.6 to this version. I assume its not specific to the version, but I still figured this would be the best place to post about it.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-x86_64.zip ... failed (File I/O error)
plugin: wget: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.7.0-x86_64.zip download failure (File I/O error)

Probably memory full.  How much RAM does your server have?  4G is the functional minimum

1 hour ago, Zonediver said:

...your Sig says v6.1.9??? 😉

Like many, they probably don't even know they have a sig in this "new" forum software that was carried over from the "old" forum software, since one of the annoying things about this "new" forum software is that viewing sigs are disabled by default.

@buxton click on the dropdown next to your username at the top of the page and go to Account Settings. There you can turn on sig viewing and edit your own sig.

Also, your sig says you have 8G memory, so you shouldn't have had 100% memory used. You need to figure out what caused that.

Correct, I had no clue about my sig or how out of date it was, thanks to the new forum software. The version is updated now though. I do have 8G of memory in the box, but with 2 debian VM's and 120+ days of uptime, I figured that the memory usage would end up getting high. If that doesn't make sense, what should I check into to find the cause? Thanks.

• jonp unpinned this topic