WOL not working in 6.7

24 minutes ago, drcos said:

Same problem with 6.7 (no WOL) and ethtool eth0 says pumbg for 'Supports wake-on' and g for Wake-on.

Pushing the power button did wake up the system.

Pls confirm the link still active after shutdown

If still not work, pls perform some test

1. Completely power off PSU for 1 min

2. Power on / Plug in power, then confirm the link still active

3. WOL, it must work ( Y / N ? ), If not, check BIOS setting.

4. Boot Unraid in safe mode no docker / VM, then shutdown, link still active, try WOL work or not. ( Y/ N ? )

Edited by Benson

My port have LED on in shutdown, if no LED on that means no link, so NIC won't WOL. In some hardware when link speed was 10Mbps, LED would off, but mine will on. You also can check on router/switch side.

As sereval case report, so I believe 6.7 have issue but clearly not everyone got this. We must rule out what turn off WOL.

I suspect problem in shutdown phase which turn off WOL, but I can't reproduce.

Edited by Benson
10 hours ago, Benson said:

My port have LED on in shutdown, if no LED on that means no link, so NIC won't WOL. In some hardware when link speed was 10Mbps, LED would off, but mine will on. You also can check on router/switch side.

As sereval case report, so I believe 6.7 have issue but clearly not everyone got this. We must rule out what turn off WOL.

I suspect problem in shutdown phase which turn off WOL, but I can't reproduce.

My NIC  LED is off when Unraid goes into Sleep mode.

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Vella said:

Could you peform suggest test ? If step 3 fail, then check BIOS, turn off ERP, Deep sleep, CEC2019 ....... *** After each change, pls redo step 1-3 ***

On 5/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, Benson said:

If still not work, pls perform some test

1. Completely power off PSU for 1 min

2. Power on / Plug in power, then confirm the link still active

3. WOL, it must work ( Y / N ? ), If not, check BIOS setting.

4. Boot Unraid in safe mode no docker / VM, then shutdown, link still active, try WOL work or not. ( Y/ N ? )

Edited by Benson
33 minutes ago, Jonathan Vella said:

So, if I execute "ethtool -s interface wol g" WOL works perfectly fine.

Issue is how do I make it persistent since after every reboot i need to execute the same command line?

You may add that in go file ( /boot/config/go ). But problem likely you haven't well set WOL in BIOS.

• Like 1

So I did add "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" (without quotes) to my go file however it does not work :-( Maybe I am doing something wrong. 

As to my BIOS settings being incorrect, I really doubt it - see attached image, there really isn't that much to configure and again this started to happen once i upgraded to 6.7

WOL.PNG

When I used the command WOL works for that instance and is not persistent. IAfter restart again WOL doesn't work. I read in here in other old thread to reset network settings to deleted the network.cfg file, I deleted the file and it made no difference for me.

I had a flash backup of 6.6.7 where WOL was working, I added the few lines that were missing in the network.cfg in 6.7.0 and WOL is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, harshakavuri said:

When I used the command WOL works for that instance and is not persistent. IAfter restart again WOL doesn't work. I read in here in other old thread to reset network settings to deleted the network.cfg file, I deleted the file and it made no difference for me.

I had a flash backup of 6.6.7 where WOL was working, I added the few lines that were missing in the network.cfg in 6.7.0 and WOL is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem, can you share the lines that you have added and solved this?

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, psychosb said:

I'm having the same problem, can you share the lines that you have added and solved this?

Thanks.

Here you go, Please make a backup of your config/network.cfg file before making any changes

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="br0"
BRNAME[0]="br0"
BRSTP[0]="no"
BRFD[0]="0"
BRNICS[0]="eth0"
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="yes"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
SYSNICS="1"

I have a single Realtek 8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet. I don't have any VMs as of now and only few dockers. I am not sure if these settings will work for you or not and some of the settings might be different for you. I have a backup of the flash drive when WOL was working and I just used that. I haven't made any setting changes or installed any new plugins as well. With the above network.cfg file WOL is working again for me

Whats weird is that after upgrading to 6.7.0 the network.cfg has just a few lines compared to the file in 6.6.7

This is weird. I have just downgraded to 6.6.7 and the WOL started to work again.

I have compared the network.cfg from both versions and on my case the're the same.

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="br0"
BRNAME[0]="br0"
BRSTP[0]="no"
BRFD[0]="0"
BRNICS[0]="eth0"
DESCRIPTION[0]="Bridge"
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="yes"
METRIC[0]="208"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
MTU[0]=""
SYSNICS="1"

same issue for me here, after upgrading from 6.5.3 to 6.7.0.

The board is an ASUS M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 running with Opteron 3350HE and ECC RAM, using onbaord NIC (Realtek RTL8111H)

Sleep and WOL did work for literally years and several linux distros on that rig...

The NIC apears to be powered down when in sleep...pushing the power button wakes up the system without any error.

This used to work with 6.5.3 for about a year uptime, with several sleep/WOL cycles per week.