New Cache Drive Not Showing Up

Looking for a little assistance.  I started the process of upgrading my 120gb Samsung SSD to a 480gb Kingston SSD.  I began by following the guide located:  https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive . I got to step 7.  Installed the new drive and upon rebooting Unraid didn't see it.  My system has 6 on board sata ports, and I have an expansion PCI card that has 4 additional SATA ports.  The SSD along with 2 other array drives are connected to the adapter.  During boot, before unraid posts I see a bios diagnostics screen come up for the PCI SATA adapter and it shows the 3 drives including a 477gb Kingston.

One other weird symptom I have been having is that it is taking 3-5 minutes for all my array drives to become visible on first boot of Unraid .  They show up as missing, then finally show up and I can start the array.

Attached is my log I just dumped.  Can anyone help me comb threw logs and determine whats going on.

Thanks,

J

Edit:  I solved this by moving an array drive off the the onboard SATA port.  I then moved the SSD from the PCI card to the onboard SATA and booted up unraid.  All my drives immediately showed up and were ready (so that weird anomaly of missing drives for 3-5 minutes cleared up), and the SSD showed up as an unassigned drive.  Anyone that is better at reading logs than me could please tell me if they see anything out of the norm because I am baffled.

homeserver-diagnostics-20190510-2215.zip

Edited by jcreynoldsii
Not solved, work around found.
On 5/11/2019 at 1:55 AM, johnnie.black said:

Likely the SIL controller has issues detecting the SSD, it's a fairly old controller, probably good idea to replace it with something better, or just use it with the older devices.

Thanks for the reply.  Which line shows you the controller?  Also what recommendations can you make for a new one?

05:06.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3114 [SATALink/SATARaid] Serial ATA Controller [1095:3114] (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3114 [SATALink/SATARaid] Serial ATA Controller [1095:7114]
    Kernel driver in use: sata_sil
    Kernel modules: sata_sil

Any LSI with a SAS2008/2308/3008 chipset in IT mode, e.g., 9201-8i, 9211-8i, 9207-8i, 9300-8i, etc and clones, like the Dell H200/H310 and IBM M1015, these latter ones need to be crossflashed.