urgently need replacement key

Hi my USB had died again, despite both being SanDisk's i seem to be having bad luck.

I have already emailed support yesterday but have not yet had any reply, i urgently need a replacement key for my unraid plus server. without this all of my home automation is down and all of my cctv cameras are unable to function as they rely on the unraid shares.

How can we get this sorted quicker? i have already used the built in replace key function this year so am unable to do so again.

HELP!!!! unfortunately if we can't get this resolved soon i will need to migrate to a free operating system as this usb licensing is stupid, if you have the bad luck of having 2 usb'd die within a year, unless i'm missing something it's impossible to have the server up and running after the 2nd usb dies without waiting for limetech support to reply.

FWIW the USB were purchased from Amazon.co.uk and fullfilled by Amazon so no chance of any fakes or clones.

Just now, Squid said:

You can always set up a trial version in the meantime on another stick.

But, it might be worthwhile to post why you think you've got a bad flash.  Failures (actual failures) are not common

I can't seem to set up a trial for some reason? the option is greyed out? maybe this USB has already had the trial used?  i don't have a endless supply of USB's i can use.

The USB drive is definitely broke, i can't even write a 6gb test file to it, it stops and hangs the entire windows pc after it writes about 100mb, i've tried partitioninig to avoid that part but no luck either.

Just tried a new USB and i get this

"Invalid Trial Installation

It is not possible to use a Trial key with an existing Unraid OS installation."

So thats even more stupid. Looks like i will be moving away from UnRAID then since i can't actually even use it right now till (i'm guessing 1 guy) replies. 

Just now, bonienl said:

Did you use a "new" (unregistered) USB deivce?

I have no idea, i've used a lot of usb on Unraid trial setups. this is ridiculous tbh, limetechs "anti-piracy" prevents the entire server from functioning if your usb dies. thats beyond stupid.

Missing Key File

It appears that your Registration key file is corrupted or missing. The key file should be located in the config directory on your USB Flash boot device.

If you do not have a backup copy of your Registration key file, Contact Support.

If this was a Trial installation, you may purchase a Registration key.

This is with a new USB that hasn't been used on unraid before, but its my old config copied from the dying USB, maybe it would work with a fresh config but that elminates the point of using a trial license completely then as if i still need to reconfigure the entire OS then i would just move away from Unraid.

The majority of users have no issues with the longevity of USB sticks. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Make a note of the current disk assignments (take a screenshot) and delete the files super.dat and super.old.

Next reboot the system with the new USB stick without .key file.

This allows you to assign the array + cache again together with a trial key, and retain all other settings.

Thanks however i got a reply from Tom on email and he has sorted me a replacement key, i'm unsure if the liimetech unraid contact us page is working though as i did send a email yesterday but didn't hear anything, i sent another one directly to support@limetech and heard back within 15minutes.

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

Keep in mind time differences. Limetech is located UTC-7 (pacific daylight time)

i dont think it was that since my first message was about midnight my time so like afternoon theirs, either way all sorted, i still think the licensing system is outdated and basically crap but quick response from customer service is always a good thing, and the community is always great (you and squid) thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, BRiT said:

Try not to schedule your emergencies on the weekends or on the day after as they may have a case of the Mondays. Aim for Tuesday Mornings support timezones for best results.

Thanks lmao, next time I'll tell my USB to die in a working day :D