6 hours ago, Tom3 said:

1 GE does not use half duplex (for a long time).  The original spec

did permit half-duplex with a hub.  Hubs have not been produced

in many years.  Since the advent of switches, 1G-Base-T

(Cat 5 twisted pair) interfaces use full duplex.  I'm going to guess

that most or perhaps even all available interfaces do not support

half-duplex 1GE.

-- Tom

The issue is my Ethernet card in my unraid sometimes drops down to 10Mbit. So I disabled the on-board card and bought a nice Dell card and does the same thing. My house looks like a bomb went off since I started troubleshooting this issue. Test wires all over.  Any thing anyone can think of why the Ethernet in my Unraid box would get stuck at 10Mbit and sometimes not even a reboot will bring it back to it maximum speed.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Bad cable, bad switch, interference from dirty power lines

Brand new ( store bought cabling ), tried a switch and a hub, my entire house has electric line conditioning installed, right after the power meter. Had it installed because I got tired of my expensive electronics getting "zapped" every now and then in thunderstorms and such. The odds of three Netgear hubs and one Blackbox switch bad all at once is pretty slim. Even power cycled once during the copy to see if that would change anything. I have a very funny feeling Unraid just doesn't like my Asus Sabertooth mainboard possibly. Not much else in the equation.

Do these settings have any affect on the issue described above? While copying files it will just drop to 0MB/sec for about 30 seconds then start up again. The only hardware I have not replaced is the motherboard and processor. I've ran extended tests on all my drives, all results came back ok. It is hard to tell when this started but was wondering if these settings have anything to do with copying speeds/processes?

Tunable Poll Attributes

Tunable NR Requests

Tunable MD_Num_Stripes

Tunable MD_Sync_Window

Tunable MD_Sync_Thresh

I could have sworn, a long time ago there was a utility or something you can run that would give you these optimum numbers. Like a terminal utility or something. I remember it taking a really long time to run. Is that utility still around?