VMs webui continuously loads (6.7.0)

20 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

At this point I am not sure what else do.

You may want to start "fresh"

• Save a copy of your current flash contents (see Main -> Flash -> Flash Backup). This can be used to restore - if needed
  • Use the USB creator tool to create a "virgin" USB stick with Unraid 6.7.0
  • Copy your key file (*.key) to the folder /config on the USB stick
  • Copy the file super.dat to the folder /config on the USB stick

The above starts with a clean and registered system with all disks assigned as before.

Edited by bonienl

Yes its the same issue with all browsers across all devices I have, even in the unraid GUI mode browser.

When I removed the .cfgs my cache drives are not included for some reason and so when I start the array the paths do not exist, so I cannot even get to the point where I can startup the VM service. I thought that including just the configs would be a good "bare minimum" - I'm not sure what else I can safely strip out.

I was finally able to get it to work with stock .cfgs that were auto-generated with the exception of the disks cfg. I added that in so I could at least get to the VMs screen. - Although something is wrong with my cache devices. It did not recreate my cache pool properly.

I think there is a defect in the VMs portion of the webGUI code.

Also, if I start fresh with just the key and super.dat shouldn't it have assigned my cache drives properly?

They are both populated as unassigned initially, which is a bit concerning.

Edited by johnsanc

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

For some reason in my domain.cfg I had DEBUG set to "yes" - I have no idea how this even gets set to "yes" since I dont see anything for that in the webUI. I manually changed this to "no" and it worked.

Not sure why that debug flag would cause the WebUI to choke, but at least I figured out the issue. Maybe thats something easy to fix with the next update.

SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="yes"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/vm/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/domains/iso/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/user/domains/iso/virtio-win-0.1.160-1.iso"
BRNAME="virbr0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
DISKDIR="/mnt/"
TIMEOUT="60"
HOSTSHUTDOWN="shutdown"

(Restored my flash backup because the clean install was going to be an even bigger headache...)

Edited by johnsanc
On 5/19/2019 at 7:13 PM, johnsanc said:

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

For some reason in my domain.cfg I had DEBUG set to "yes" - I have no idea how this even gets set to "yes" since I dont see anything for that in the webUI. I manually changed this to "no" and it worked.

Not sure why that debug flag would cause the WebUI to choke, but at least I figured out the issue. Maybe thats something easy to fix with the next update.

SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="yes"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/vm/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/domains/iso/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/user/domains/iso/virtio-win-0.1.160-1.iso"
BRNAME="virbr0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
DISKDIR="/mnt/"
TIMEOUT="60"
HOSTSHUTDOWN="shutdown"

(Restored my flash backup because the clean install was going to be an even bigger headache...)

Where did you find the domain.cfg? I had a Windows 10 VM working perfectly. So i upgraded to 1903 that just came out and on my VM if i remote in using RDP it will just peg at 100% all the CPU cores and i cannot do anything in it. I have to force stop it in order to get the VM to work and is very slow. Is something like this happening to you before you change that setting?