(SOLVED) Cannot start array after buying key.

Hey, the trial worked great, bought the key (basic - 4 devices), and it prompted  me to stop array to finish installing the key. Did that. Now the button to start array is greyed out and cannot be pressed.

I rebooted the machine, array autostarted correctly. But if i stop it from GUI, I cannot start it due to greyed-out start button. So in effect every array stop, requires a machine reboot to restart the array.

EDIT:

Interestingly, when the array is stopped, it apparently cannot be started because it prompts me to "Enter new passphrase", as if the drives were encrypted? All of them re plain xfs and btrfs, so why the prompt? Should i put anything as the passphrase and its confirmation, or would it enable the encryption and god forbid format the drives?

Edited by woocash

OK, problem Solved, I think it's a bug actually.

If in Settings > Disk Settings > Default file system is set to "xfs-encrypted", (which I probably set during my testing, and never actually encrypted any drives), than You will not be able to start array, even if it consists of only non-encrypted drives.

The question what happens after applying password on Main screen, to enable array Start button is still to be answered.

51 minutes ago, woocash said:

I think it's a bug actually.

Not a bug. You told the system to use encryption for that particular disk.

Subsequently it will ask you to enter a passphrase (or file) and will format the disk with encryption enabled.

Remember that everytime you change the file system (with or without encryption) it will require a disk format to start using the newly selected file system.

Be warned: when formatting a disk you will loose all data on it (don't make the mistake to think it can be recovered using parity)

22 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Not a bug. You told the system to use encryption for that particular disk.

Subsequently it will ask you to enter a passphrase (or file) and will format the disk with encryption enabled.

Remember that everytime you change the file system (with or without encryption) it will require a disk format to start using the newly selected file system.

Be warned: when formatting a disk you will loose all data on it (don't make the mistake to think it can be recovered using parity)

No, I never told unRaid to encrypt that particular disk, as stated in the previous post. I only told the system, that in case I add a new drive, the default filesystem should be xfs-encrypted - at least that is how in the settings this option is explained: "Defines the default file system type to create when an unmountable array device is formatted."

Edited by woocash