Parity shows as invalid

Looking for some guidence on why my parity is showing as invalid.  Been running unraid for 2 years now, no real issues.  just noticed that I got the orange triangle.  Did a manual scan last night and it has 0 errors.

Only thing I can think of is that I put an old drive in a while back and it failed, (no data on it) I was just adding it to the system for eventual use.  IF that's the reason, can I not simply remove the drive from the array since there's no data on it with out blowing everything up?  Never removed a drive in unraid before. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.39.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.40.49 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...

I never added any data to those disks.  I installed them, forgot about them and when SMART ran it found they were bad.  so I disabled them.

Doing a new config would be wiping everything?  I remember reading about it, but not fulling understanding if I was going to lose everything.  I'm guessing based on what I remember, and your comment.  That doing so would allow me to remove the disks, but the whole thing would need to rebuild from parity less the disks I removed, and would take what ever amount of time unraid does for my data set (30hrs).

Edited by mkyb14