[SOLVED] Help getting back up with new motherboard

My motherboard went bad on a 6 year old build so I just upgraded the mobo, memory, and cpu. It booted right up and I can get to the tower login but the web GUI isn’t working. I tried going to http://tower and the IP address for tower on my network map. Neither work. I’m on version 5.2.7. Any ideas how I can get this working again? Is it a hardware issue? I plan on upgrading to V6 once I can access the array and identify the drives. 

Ryzen 1200

ASRock A320M-HDV

8 GB Memory

Edited by puckshaw

Hook up a monitor and keyboard.  Log into the terminal/console.  Type     diagnostics   at the command line prompt.   That will write the diagnostics file to the   logs   folder/directory on the flash drive.  Shut the server down with the command  poweroff   and upload the Diagnostics file with your next post. 

EDIT:  Reread your post.  I didn't realize you were on such an old version.  LEt me look at bit more....

Edited by Frank1940
  • Like 1

Basically, you are are running a system that most of us haven't supported for several years now and finding someone who can help is very unlikely.  

Where you are is that you need to upgrade to version 6.7.0 first.  I am going to point you to the WIKI that was written to get most people through the conversion process from version 5 to version 6.  

https://wiki.unraid.net/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

This Wiki started out much shorter but grew in size and complexity as more folks encountered problems along the way.   For those with simple systems, there was this short sheet of instructions:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/37354-upgrading-unraid-from-version-5-to-version-6/ 

Don't be worried about losing data.  The upgrade process will not cause that.  An cockpit error can however!   IF you ever see a prompt to format a drive--- DON'T!!!!   Stop and ask for help.  

Oh, one more thing.  Before you start the upgrade.  Have a look at your router DHCP table and see if you can find your Unraid server.  IF you are using DHCP for your server, the router will have assigned a different IP address because the new MB will have a different MAC address.  

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry I thought this thread was dead and didn’t update it. I got the system running by upgrading to 6.7 but then had stability issues due to Ryzen. I updated the bios and then the damn thing wouldn’t post. I got fed up and returned the cpu/mobo and went Intel. New hardware arrives today and then I’ll hopefully be good to go. 

Mods can lock this thread if they like.