System notifications are disabled.

Hello

I have this message at the top of my screen:

"System notifications are disabled. Click here to change notification settings."

No "apps" are present on the "Dashboard" tab.

On the "Main" tab, go to the folder icon for the USB boot drive, there are zero files and zero directories present.

If you enable "System notifications" and click save, the "System notifications" are not enabled.

UnRaid GUI shows the USB drive has lots of free space.

This happened once about a month ago.  I believe I rebooted (sorry I forgot) and the problem went away.  I thought it was my USB drive (since it was very old).    I swapped in a new USB drive.

Diag file attached.

What next?     Thank you

tower-diagnostics-20190515-1939.zip

May 15 06:36:31 Tower kernel: usb 8-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
May 15 06:36:42 Tower kernel: usb 8-1: device firmware changed
May 15 06:36:42 Tower kernel: usb 8-1: USB disconnect, device number 2

The USB dropped offline.  Try a different port, ideally USB2

57 minutes ago, ShaneH said:

I don't suppose moving the USB flash drive back to the USB3 port will make any difference?

blacklisted = no good any more

No. What exactly are you using for a USB drive?

Are you sure it has a unique GUID?

Is this the USB drive you replaced? When you replace a USB drive and get a new key for the new drive, then the old drive is blacklisted since it was replaced.

Another scenario. You buy a USB drive from someone else that already has an Unraid license on it. Then, they get a replacement, so the USB drive you bought from them is blacklisted since it was replaced.

I didn't buy the USB drive used.  It is a new drive I have owned for a year or so.  I hardly ever used it.  I put this USB drive into UnRaid service about 30 days ago.  (Whatever day I recently downloaded a new license from UnRaid).

It was working yesterday, then I shutdown, moved it to a USB2 port on the motherboard, and powered up.   Error occurred.

LimeTech support has requested a screenshot.   I expect we will repair the issue soon.

It's saying 'blacklisted' because the GUID is mostly all zeros.  I suggest you prepare another USB flash device using the USB Creator tool and then plug it into the same port your current device is plugged into.  Then if server boots correctly and Vendor/Model//GUID of this device on Tools/Registration looks sane, then we can assume your original USB flash has died.  If new device exhibits same corruption, then the USB port has died.  Either way, this is a h/w problem.

Hi, OK, that seems reasonable.   I put the USB drive back into the USB3 port.   No OS.

I put the USB drive into a different USB2 port and UnRaid booted with a valid license.   A parity check started with the array start.

I moved to a new USB drive 30 or so days ago.   I believe we are permitted one USB drive move per year?   

Can I have my counter reset so I can move to a new USB drive in the near future?

(I know, it could still be the motherboard or the USB drive.   USB drives are cheaper to swap out.)

Thank you