how frustrating...

Hi i am new to the unraid forums,and very new to unraid its self, first off, i would like to say i set up my old computer for my kids to run 2 vms so they could use it instead of crapy laptops.. second id like to say i some how screwed it all up. as in had to start all over. now i cant find it on my network to install windows on it, i can get it through ip address but i cant add any files to it. i have looked for the last 4 hours trying to figure out what is going on and nothing seems to work, i have turned off and on smb settings for days it seems like. i have completely  gotten ride of everything on drives and started a fresh unraid even and still same issue, i have tried numerous computers to get to this server and nothing is working. im at a loss of what to do now.

all my computers are on windows 10.. yeah yeah i know the network is a nightmare

Edited by Whoyebe

Did you get that diagnostic using the web browser on one of your Windows machines, or on your server by booting into GUI mode?

If you started fresh then why are you using a year-old version of Unraid?

Can you see the server in Windows File Explorer if you use the IP address?

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Did you get that diagnostic using the web browser on one of your Windows machines, or on your server by booting into GUI mode?

If you started fresh then why are you using a year-old version of Unraid?

Can you see the server in Windows File Explorer if you use the IP address?

i wasnt finding alot of options so i went to a older version of it to see if that helped.. the  diagnostics is from the server  that i cant find on the network

Edited by Whoyebe
1 minute ago, Whoyebe said:

if i use the ip address it just takes me to the internet page for the server if i use the file explorer

Did you use \\ in front of the IP address? You must prefix the IP or name of another computer on the network with the double-backslash to access its shares in file explorer. This is the way Windows has always worked.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Did you use \\ in front of the IP address? You must prefix the IP or name of another computer on the network with the double-backslash to access its shares in file explorer. This is the way Windows has always worked.

rofl i was using // instead of \\. i found the files now,, and now i get to update my unraid. thank you you can delete this if you want my case solved as for now