Unassigned device frozen in "Uninterruptible Sleep"

Hi All,

I'm having this issue the last few months where either 1 of my 2 Unassigned device backup drives are locking up and nothing but a dirty unmount and/or reboot will resolve.

In the GUI, on the Main tab, the Unassigned Devices section just keeps loading and never finally loads, on the Dashboard it shows a single core maxed out but this is not the case in HTOP from the terminal. The drive that has locked is no longer available to view/use.

In the Terminal, running HTOP and sorting by State shows a few processes in the D (Uninterruptible Sleep) state that will stay that way for days if left alone so I assume forever. These are:

- /bin/df /dev/sdb1 --output=size,used,avail

- hdparm -C /dev/sdb

- find /mnt/disks/ST4000 -noleaf -maxdepth 4

- smartctl -x /dev/sdb

This problem has occurred on both of my connected USB drives and for both I have run full Smart diagnostics and not found issues. The issue occurs every 4 to 8 days and I thought it was cause by Duplicati but I have stopped all local backups and the issue persists (previously the Duplicati Docker also locked in D state as it tried to use the drive). The only way I can resolve is manually shutting down the array and then doing a hard reset as the system will not reboot.

I've searched for others having similar issues and have had no luck so anyone that can assist, I'd be very grateful for.

Cheers

Giggs