unraid gpu passthrough on laptop

Hello,
I need help with the configuration of the virtual machine.

What I want to achieve:

Run a virtual machine on a laptop so that it will use a graphics card including a built-in monitor.

The laptop is Dell Inspiron  7566.

Problem:
When the virtual machine starts, the main screen goes blank and nothing is happening on screen.

The laptop has two built-in graphics cards. The screen goes out when I add an Intel integrated card to the virtual machine. I guess it's happening because currently unraid is using it to display the console. How can this be achieved? I do not know how to release this card so that VM can use both cards together with the built-in screen.

Edited by 16pxdesign

I have had success with passing the primary GPU and a secondary one in a desktop and then switching using OS settings. Install your OS using VNC then pass through both GPUs to the same VM and see what happens. You may need to attach an external display to a video output port for it to work.

Edited by Ep1cPl4yz
  • 2 months later...

@limetech Is trying to configure Unraid on a laptop a futile effort when you want a GPU passthrough to the laptop's panel or is it entirely dependent on the laptop?

I just picked up a Dell G7 15 (2019) and have been attempting to get it to work (as a brand new novice Unraid user).  The only thing it's doing is turning the display off.

Edited by M6|[5a/!1|{6vK49cHew!qV,ei
Accidental blank post