Hardware ID Banned

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a gamer so I don't understand the question. Is it a problem because a virtual machine doesn't have the "right kind" of hardware ID or is it that your virtual machine performs differently from what its hardware ID would suggest and you're getting banned for "cheating"? Or is it something completely different?

5 minutes ago, John_M said:

I'm not a gamer so I don't understand the question. Is it a problem because a virtual machine doesn't have the "right kind" of hardware ID or is it that your virtual machine performs differently from what its hardware ID would suggest and you're getting banned for "cheating"? Or is it something completely different?

to be honest i haven`t got a clue, i installed steam along with ring of elysium and it just came up hardware ID banned and couldn`t do nothing else with the game.

That is going to be related to an account ban.  It should have nothing to do with unraid.  I can play these just fine on my rig.  The issue is that your account was banned by hardware ID(usually mac address related).  That means that your account was flagged for cheating in some way and banned your specific hardware ID.

33 minutes ago, jordanmw said:

That is going to be related to an account ban.  It should have nothing to do with unraid.  I can play these just fine on my rig.  The issue is that your account was banned by hardware ID(usually mac address related).  That means that your account was flagged for cheating in some way and banned your specific hardware ID.

it was a clean install of windows 10 pro, steam and ring of elysium. i can play ring of elysium just fine on my normal computer i dont have an account ban nor have i been cheating.

1 minute ago, jordanmw said:

If you did a clean install on the same hardware- then the hardware id is probably the same.  Usually you can change the Mac address in windows network card settings to trick it.

no i have unraid running on  Asrock Rack C602 EP2C602-4L/D16 CPU: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690v1 RAM: 64GB DDR3  with one VM

my other computer is an i5 ,z270 16gb ddr4

Right- so you had it working on unraid with a VM.  Then it got banned by hardware id at some point.  VM says banned- sorry- can't play.  Then you re-install with a new VM on unraid- same result- no dice.  Then you login to your physical machine- works just fine.  The game saw the same hardware(probably mac address) when you installed on the same hardware.  So wiping a VM and doing a re-install on the same hardware- would likely have the same hardware ID.

Well, the MAC address of the virtual network card that Windows sees when running on the VM is set in the XML for the VM. Chances are you're using the same one as someone else who has a Windows VM running on Unraid. You can edit your settings and choose a different one.

739245371_ScreenShot2019-06-04at21_09_49.png.56d1e616c3ca279619bce882293ce0cb.png

• Like 1

I am having the same problem, with a clean VM running Windows 10 under Unraid 6.7.1-rc1.

Every game (until now) worked like it should, while RoE straightout just banned me when first starting the game. Mind you, I haven't started the game before on another PC or anything.

I also tried adding the following to the configuration of my VM (I read it somewhere), that would hide the fact that I am running a VM from the Guest OS:

<qemu:commandline>

<qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>

<qemu:arg value='host,hv_time,kvm=off,hv_vendor_id=null,-hypervisor'/> 

</qemu:commandline>

After adding that, restarting, it removed the code, so there probably is a problem with that. As I just copied and pasted it, that might be.