Cisco vWLC

Hello Unraid Community-

I realize this is probably not a "general" question but wasn't sure where it fits best. Thought I could go to the community to see if anyone has had any success with what I am trying to do.

I want to use the Cisco vWLC appliance (KVM version ) to allow the use of multiple AP's for my home network. This would allow me to increase coverage and utilize AP's I have access to.

I have run in to a strange problem however when running the vWLC.

No matter how I configure the MGMT port and VLAN's attached to it it is not pingable and no AP's can find the controller. The service port is pingable no matter how I configure it.  Show cdp neigbors on the switch sees the WLC on port 5. So there is layer 2 communication that is happening between the vWLC appliance and the switch.

The vWLC vm is configured to have ports in two different VLANs as one would do with a real WLC... for reference I have a 5508 that works using the same switch config. As I said, the service port ip works... but the mgmt ip does not.

My unRaid box has two ethernet ports running as a port channel with 802.3ad. Currently the box is configured with ip's in three different VLAN's (unrelated to the vWLC all of which resolve fine). It seems the only thing I hadn't tried has been un-bonding the link... I may give that a go, as this has perplexed me but I would have to take several network services down for testing which isn't super palatable at the moment.

Any ideas? I can post some logs or screen shots if this isn't greek to anyone.

rc325