Borg mount as a share

I'm a noob still experimenting with unRaid 6.7.0 and borg 1.1.9.

How can I mount a borg repository such that it's available via a share?

I can mount the repository to a directory in unRaid in the terminal and the contents are displayed correctly in another terminal.

I tried to create a share, then mounted the borg repository to that share expecting the contents to appear. I connect to this share as admin, but it only shows the contents of the root of the unRaid server and oddly, the mount point directory does not display anywhere in this directory structure.

I created a share called borgmount, then issued this command:

borg mount -f /mnt/disks/backup1/backup1 /mnt/user/borgmount

The borg repository is on an unassigned disk.

If I connect as admin to the disk where the share's directory resides, it's empty.

I noticed before issuing the command, the share has owner:group of nobody:users, but then when the borg mount command is running it's root:root.

There's probably some sort of permissions thing going on, but I can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Reopening this thread.

This doesn't work anymore. I'm on unRaid 6.9.2 and borg 1.1.10.

What I'm doing in the meantime is mounting the backup and copying the files I need to a temp share on the unRaid server and then grabbing them from there on my client machine.

Any ideas?