(Solved)"Unmountable: No file system" after drive errors and rebuild

Hello, earlier this month one my drives was spitting out errors and unraid ended up disabling it (Disk 1) tower-diagnostics-20190502-1415.zip, after previous issues with this happening and on recommendations from other members I replaced my raid card with an LSI 9211-8i.

Once I got it installed and went through the process of de selecting the drive, starting then stopping the array, reelecting the drive and rebuilding it tower-diagnostics-20190521-1004.zip has had this "Unmountable: No file system" in its details (see attached screenshot).

Being relatively new to unraid I was not sure or not if that when it rebuilt the array it would make the drive function again as normal. I am just asking what I should be doing to correct this, or is the drive potentially just not functioning properly and have likely lost the data that was on it? (as it is not on any of the other drives).

Array 2019-05-21 100750.jpg

Edited by J0my
added more information

@johnnie.black  I wonder if it is worth suggesting that when an Unmountable file system occurs it should become a link in the GUI rather than simply text.?  That link could be to either the instructions in the wiki or to the relevant part of the gui (which is probably better as it does not require an Internet link) for running a file system check.    Do you think this might make the correct behavior more discoverable?   Is it worth raising as a feature request do you think?    If so it feels like a change that can happen purely at the GUI level without needing a change to core Unraid code!

Edited by itimpi
1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

@johnnie.black Thanks for that, as per the wiki I ran -nv and it gave me these results, I put it in a txt doc to save this page getting super long xfs_repair status -nv .txt 

I am not going to pretend I know what any of that means so if possible what would the next step be based on its findings?

@johnnie.black ok took it down from Maint mode and started the array and it seems to be present and working now with the files present. Is it after that you meant to now put it back into maint mode and do the -vL or leave it as is now. Then final question should I do a parity check again or is that not necessary (as it was disk 1 and not the parity drive that was having the problems).

6 minutes ago, J0my said:

@johnnie.black ok took it down from Maint mode and started the array and it seems to be present and working now with the files present. Is it after that you meant to now put it back into maint mode and do the -vL or leave it as is now. Then final question should I do a parity check again or is that not necessary (as it was disk 1 and not the parity drive that was having the problems).

As long as you ran the file system repair either from the Unraid GUI or from a command line against a /dev/mdX type device then parity will have been maintained (and updated appropriately as the repair took place).    You can run a parity check if you like but it should not be necessary (although doing so will not do any harm either).

• Upvote 1