New Server Build - Questions

Good Morning,

I am in the process of swapping out my existing Supermicro server for another server, an HP Proliant DL385 G7. I know it’s dated however, it does have more horsepower than the current Supermicro.

Specs are as follows:

-Qty. (2) AMD Opteron Processor 6282 SE @ 2.6 GHz

-128 GB Ram

-BIOS A18

-Will connect to existing external 2.5 and 3.5 SAS (EMC) enclosures

-Drrive counts (30 - 4TB SAS SSD) - (Numerous Unassigned Devices HDD’s)

-Running in upwards of 15 docker containers (Plex, Radarr, Sonarr, Minio, NGINX, etc..)

Questiosn:

-Should I continue to use the existing LSI 9211-8i SAS controllers or should I look at something different? Currently, the parity check runs at 55MBs so a tad on the slow side for SSD. I suspect the aging architecture, the cards and/or bus, and the dual parity may play a part in slower speed.

-Right now I am using an HP 6GBs SAS expander to connect all of the internal SAS drives on the Supermicro along with using the single external connector on the SAS expander to connect the external shelves. I would like to move away from the expander and use a dedicated card. Are there any recommendations for either a PCI 2.0 or backwards compatible PCI 3.0 card that you would recommend. I am looking at an LSI 9207-8e however, I am not opposed to using something different. 

-Any opposition to bumping up the memory to 256 GB. I have it so why not use it....

-Does anyone out there have access (and willing to share) HP BIOS and firmware. My IT purchasing has centered around IBM, Dell, Cisco, etc. but never HP. Any assistance is appreciated. I would like to update the server if i can.

-Any recommendations on settings specific to HP Proliant gear and UNRAID?

-Any settings specific other than what I am currently using (SSD Trim plugin) to account for the all SSD array?

I am sure I left some things out. Feel free to ask any other question pertinent to making any recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your support!

-MW