6.7 Network Troubles

I see some other people are having problems with 6.7 and network settings. I don't get an networking under 6.7. Doesn't pull a valid IP. I have tried clearing out my settings to default and that doesn't seem to do it. Also my diagnostics don't seem to be sticking from 6.7. I run them under 6.7 from the console and they save. I can see them in /boot/logs but once I shutdown they are gone. I also can't see any of my old logs in /boot/logs under Unraid but can under another computer. Here are my logs from 6.6.7.

tower-diagnostics-20190521-0032.zip

Under 6.7 try running the ‘df’ command and see if there is anything mounted at /boot (which is where the USB stick is meant to mount.   The USB stick needs to be mounted at the later stages of the boot process to make network drivers available and to load configuration information.  The symptoms you describe suggest this may not be happening.

16 minutes ago, kbowman said:

thanks I'll try that tonight. I know it is plugged into a USB 3 port.

If simply using a USB2 port does not solve the problem then it might be worth recreating the USB stick using USB creator in case any of the files on the stick ended up corrupted somehow.   This seems to have helped some people in a similar situation.    Before doing that make sure you have a backup of the config folder from the current USB stick as that contains your license key and all your configuration information.   After recreating the USB stick you then replace the contents of the config folder with those from your backup.

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If simply using a USB2 port does not solve the problem then it might be worth recreating the USB stick using USB creator in case any of the files on the stick ended up corrupted somehow.   This seems to have helped some people in a similar situation.    Before doing that make sure you have a backup of the config folder from the current USB stick as that contains your license key and all your configuration information.   After recreating the USB stick you then replace the contents of the config folder with those from your backup.

I might try that first as I like the idea of using USB 3 if possible.

8 hours ago, kbowman said:

I might try that first as I like the idea of using USB 3 if possible.

UnRAID is run from RAM so there is no performance benefit from running USB3 (other than maybe a few seconds at initial boot).    You therefore want the increase in reliability that USB2 seems to bring.