Quickly adding a drive after pre-clear?

Haven't added a drive for a few years and it seems the guides / forums have been revamped and I can't find things any longer...

Anyway, adding a drive, it's almost done pre-clearing. I remember a way to add the drive quickly to the array without needing to do another format/zeroing and not need to rebuild parity...

Did that exist, or am I crazy?

3 minutes ago, AaronJAnderson said:

Haven't added a drive for a few years and it seems the guides / forums have been revamped and I can't find things any longer...

Anyway, adding a drive, it's almost done pre-clearing. I remember a way to add the drive quickly to the array without needing to do another format/zeroing and not need to rebuild parity...

Did that exist, or am I crazy?

If you assogn a pre-cleared drive to the array then it gets added to the array the minute the array is started. As a pre-cleared disk does not affect parity.  At that point it will show as unmountable and there will be a check box to format it.    You should select that and let Unraid format the disk (which only takes a few minutes).   When that completes it is ready to use.

• Thanks 1
Just now, itimpi said:

If you assogn a pre-cleared drive to the array then it gets added to the array the minute the array is started. As a pre-cleared disk does not affect parity.  At that point it will show as unmountable and there will be a check box to format it.    You should select that and let Unraid format the disk (which only takes a few minutes).   When that completes it is ready to use.

Cool thanks! I remember it being fairly easy I just didn't remember exactly how it worked.

Thanks again!