R510 with H200 IT mode won’t find any SATA drives

One for the R510 team.....

I have a Dell 12 bay R510 server.

I crossflashed my Dell H200 cars that I purchased to an 9211-8i IT mode which was successful as per the instructions.

I then installed the H200 into my R510 in the original slot that the H700 came out of.

I then installed the two SSDs into the internal slots 12 & 13, then installed 6x 10TB drives in slots 0 to 5.

The POST process shows the H200 card and I don’t see any errors.

I can boot into UNRAID successfully and when i go to allocate the disks, it shows up both of my SSD drives but none of my 10TB drives.

Seems that none of the SATA drives are being picked up.

I am using the same cables that were connected to the H700 that I removed and replaced with the H200.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this would be occurring?

1 hour ago, Brenton Spear said:

One for the R510 team.....

I have a Dell 12 bay R510 server.

I crossflashed my Dell H200 cars that I purchased to an 9211-8i IT mode which was successful as per the instructions.

I then installed the H200 into my R510 in the original slot that the H700 came out of.

I then installed the two SSDs into the internal slots 12 & 13, then installed 6x 10TB drives in slots 0 to 5.

The POST process shows the H200 card and I don’t see any errors.

I can boot into UNRAID successfully and when i go to allocate the disks, it shows up both of my SSD drives but none of my 10TB drives.

Seems that none of the SATA drives are being picked up.

I am using the same cables that were connected to the H700 that I removed and replaced with the H200.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this would be occurring?

Not positive but try in another slot I seem to remember either reading or watching a video where they won't work in the proprietary slot 

Problem has been fixed.

The issue was that I had used the SATA screw holes to mount my drives in the caddies. This meant that they were too far forward and did not make contact with the backplane.

I moved them to the SAS screw holes and the problem was solved.

Edited by Brenton Spear
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...
Problem has been fixed.

The issue was that I had used the SATA screw holes to mount my drives in the caddies. This meant that they were too far forward and did not make contact with the backplane.

I moved them to the SAS screw holes and the problem was solved.

This saved me a lot of time thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk