(SOLVED) Can't get SMART report

I just recently upgraded from 5.04 to 6.7.0 and discovered one of my disk had 2 read errors. I then went to try to get a SMART report for the disk (sdh) but when I click the Spin Up button, nothing happens. It still says "Unavailable - disk must be spun up". Looking at the logs I see this:

May 22 21:51:18 Asteria kernel: mdcmd (113): spinup 10
May 22 21:51:18 Asteria kernel: md: do_drive_cmd: lock_bdev error: -2

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Edited by lazant

So everything went well with the rebuild, but as you anticipated, it is now a week later and it has happened again I think. I have the Norco 4224 case which has 4 drives per cable/backplane. I'm just wondering what my next step should be. Should I replace the backplane even though I'm not experiencing any issues with the other 3 drives on the backplane with disk 10? Replace the cable going to the backplane? Abandon that slot and put disk 10 in a different tray?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by lazant

I have another question for you. During a rebuild, is it possible to convert the filesystem? All of my drives are still on ReiserFS and it would probably be a good idea to start converting. Or is it best to just do the mirroring method?

Edited by lazant
11 minutes ago, lazant said:

During a rebuild, is it possible to convert the filesystem?

NO!

Parity doesn't and can't restore individual files. it only restores the entire drive with the existing filesystem as is, even if there is corruption. If you change the requested filesystem type it will assume you want to erase the drive and put the new empty filesystem on it, and offer to format the drive. Parity will be updated to reflect the new empty filesystem, and all your files will be gone. If at any point you format a drive, all the contents will be gone.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

NO!

Parity doesn't and can't restore individual files. it only restores the entire drive with the existing filesystem as is, even if there is corruption. If you change the requested filesystem type it will assume you want to erase the drive and put the new empty filesystem on it, and offer to format the drive. Parity will be updated to reflect the new empty filesystem, and all your files will be gone. If at any point you format a drive, all the contents will be gone.

Ok that's what I figured. Just though I would ask. Thanks.

• lazant changed the title to (SOLVED) Can't get SMART report