markinsutton - plex and Unassigned Devices

I am trying to mount a remote storage device so I can use it with Plex. I have tried mounting both via NTS and SMB they show up in my unraid main page as /192.168.1.100/unraid_share and when I look for them via my windows machine \\192.168.1.200\192.168.1.100_unraid_share I can see the contents with the unraid_share on the web interface but when I look inside /mnt folder inside plex it is empty I have tried directing it to  /mnt/disks/192.168.1.100_unraid_share can anyone please advise me what path I need to put inside Plex? 

unraid.PNG

unraid1.PNG

unraid2.PNG

18 minutes ago, markinsutton said:

I am trying to mount a remote storage device so I can use it with Plex. I have tried mounting both via NTS and SMB they show up in my unraid main page as /192.168.1.100/unraid_share and when I look for them via my windows machine \\192.168.1.200\192.168.1.100_unraid_share I can see the contents with the unraid_share on the web interface but when I look inside /mnt folder inside plex it is empty I have tried directing it to  /mnt/disks/192.168.1.100_unraid_share can anyone please advise me what path I need to put inside Plex? 

This seems to be a question about how to setup the plex docker rather than a question about Unassigned Devices. And you haven't told or shown us the most important thing about setting up a docker, your volume mappings.

Post your docker run command as explained in this very first link from the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Then I will probably split this to the support thread for the particular plex docker you are using.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

This seems to be a question about how to setup the plex docker rather than a question about Unassigned Devices. And you haven't told or shown us the most important thing about setting up a docker, your volume mappings.

I am pretty sure Plex is setup correctly and for some reason unassigned isn't allowing plex to see this share. if you saying that I have set up everything correctly given I have failed to provide enough information for this to be the case.. new to unraid and different Docker containers I am trying work out the relationship of how they communicate, when it seems both Plex and unassigned devices are working 

unraid3.PNG

you are using /mnt/disks/... in Plex, wich is the host path, not the docker path ... and its a "relative weird" setup anyway ...

1st u need to add a mountpoint in your plex docker (check faqs), or as these are external sources anyway why not use them directly in Plex  as network shares ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, alturismo said:

you are using /mnt/disks/... in Plex, wich is the host path, not the docker path ... and its a "relative weird" setup anyway ...

1st u need to add a mountpoint in your plex docker (check faqs), or as these are external sources anyway why not use them directly in Plex  as network shares ?

Thanks I will look into how to get plex to see my network share 

may just as start and final as its offtopic ...

yellow /Media <-- the path in plex; red /mnt/user/Media <-- Host Path

so inside Plex u look into Media ...

image.thumb.png.4d8ba011b0a3151af193c03bfec65805.png

Docker Edit add path ...

image.png.36b3edeab6c5237a676b9f334b3f9b64.png

for more help herefore, goto the proper subforum, Docker startup etc ... not related to unassigned devices ...

Edited by alturismo

I have split this into its own topic.

43 minutes ago, markinsutton said:

I am pretty sure Plex is setup correctly

Do you have any other working dockers?

Please post your docker run command as already requested.

58 minutes ago, trurl said:

Post your docker run command as explained in this very first link from the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

• Like 1