Less Than 1 Year Old Drive & unraid disabled it.

The disk looks healthy. Could be a loose/bad cable though as it has some CRC errors. If the CRC errors are recent or if they are old is not possible to tell. I would replace the cable and rebuild the drive. Maybe your diagnostics could shed some light into why it was disabled.

12 hours ago, Squid said:

197 Current_Pending_Sector  -O--C-   037   037   000    -    10472

Yup  Its toast

thought so. RMA is setup with seagate. Yes Ran a Full preclear it passed. Should have listened to my inner self and bought WDC red. Bought these 2TB NAS drives as they were very very cheep. My luck with seagate drives are very crappy. I have WDC drives 20 years old still going........ Also got WDC red in my NAS with zero errors 5 years old.

I have had worse luck with the smaller and thus much older drives than newer drives. I think the newer drives have greatly improved reliability regardless of the manufacturer. I would never use older drives because of this, even if they were cheap or free. I know not everyone can afford to do the same, but it really has cut down on issues for me.

My 3 cycle PreClear failures ratio is something like 4 2TB failures, only 1 4TB failure, and 0 8TB failures. I had hard failures of 2 2TB drives (luckily failed in the array at different times), and 0 failures of the 4TB and 8TB after the same duration and usage pattern of write once read many. After the drives were removed from the array I used them outside as extra backup drives. At the end of the drives usage, all 6 of 6 2TB drives showed trouble signs, such as pending sector or reallocated sector, where only 2 of 5 4TB drives showed trouble signs. All 4 8TB are still in the array, so no end of life reports there.

My 2TBs were WDC, the 4TB were the untouchable HGST, and the 8TB are Seagates, so its not about manufacturers.

(Touch wood)