Hard drive temperature settings for different storage types

Hello all!

About 4 months into my trek into unRAID and loving it more and more each day. 

One issue I have ran into is that I get constant notifications for hard drive temperature from my cache drives, which are nvme m.2 cards. It is my understanding that these generally run at a much higher temperature than magnetic drives, so I'm wondering if it might be possible to have separate 'channels' for setting hard drive temperature warnings. So, I could have warnings for my cache drives that are in the 75-95dC range, and my array drives which are magnetic could have the warnings in the 50-70dC range.

Does this make sense to you all? Is there something I'm overlooking that could provide me with this functionality already?

At any rate, thanks for this awesome OS and the great support! As I take more programming courses I hope that I can be of some assistance in providing solutions to the community going forward, until then a suggestion is the best that I have to offer.

-Art

31 minutes ago, Art4security said:

Hello all!

About 4 months into my trek into unRAID and loving it more and more each day. 

One issue I have ran into is that I get constant notifications for hard drive temperature from my cache drives, which are nvme m.2 cards. It is my understanding that these generally run at a much higher temperature than magnetic drives, so I'm wondering if it might be possible to have separate 'channels' for setting hard drive temperature warnings. So, I could have warnings for my cache drives that are in the 75-95dC range, and my array drives which are magnetic could have the warnings in the 50-70dC range.

Does this make sense to you all? Is there something I'm overlooking that could provide me with this functionality already?

At any rate, thanks for this awesome OS and the great support! As I take more programming courses I hope that I can be of some assistance in providing solutions to the community going forward, until then a suggestion is the best that I have to offer.

-Art

If you click on a drive on the Main tab then you can set values for that specific drive that over-ride the global setting.

• 1 year later...

I would be nice if we could have a per-pool or per-array temperature setting. It seems like that would probably satisfy most requirements.

I get a similar thing at the moment with some M.2s I'm using with unassigned devices. Thankfully that one goes away with 6.9, so I didn't bother requesting it.

• Like 1