Unraid v6.7.0 Krusader not copying all files

Trying to safegard my server arrays, I installed a 4TB MTFS drive as a unassigned device.

I tried copying Disk4 to that NTFS drive with Krusader everything finished ok.

Removed the 4TB and installed it as a USB on my windows 8.1 machine only to find out that there seem to be a directory depth that Krusader would not be able to reach.

Therefore, I'm missing a lot of files during the Krusader copy.

Is Krusader not able to go deep enough to copy those files missing?

Is there a better way to copy all files from array disks to an NTFS unassigned drive?

And is there a way to save time to force only the uncopied files to copy to the already cloned NTFS drive?

Thanks

Edited by bounsky

What is the full path name that krusader sees for the files in question? If you would rather not post the real path, substitute xxx for letters, 1111 for numbers, and leave all symbols as is. Don't shortcut, if the the folder is ./thisismyprivatestuff/etc make sure you don't skip any letters ./xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx for example.

Hi jonathanm, 

/mnt/disk4/Backup4/_2019-01-03-D/gerry/Documents/__IOT/__ Projects/T11_RFID_Tutorial_Sketch/Arduino-EEPROMEx-master/extras/Documentation/html
141 characters including backslashes

After a successfully finished media/Disk4 to NTFS 4TB copy with Kusader 
There was 25 files missing under \html on the 4TB disk

Edited by bounsky
  • 4 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 9:32 AM, bounsky said:

Hi jonathanm, 

/mnt/disk4/Backup4/_2019-01-03-D/gerry/Documents/__IOT/__ Projects/T11_RFID_Tutorial_Sketch/Arduino-EEPROMEx-master/extras/Documentation/html
141 characters including backslashes

After a successfully finished media/Disk4 to NTFS 4TB copy with Kusader 
There was 25 files missing under \html on the 4TB disk

Did you ever find your solution?

I'm having the same problem, but it happens when using krusader, or just transferring a file over the network, 

I transferred folder X with the following specs: 445gb, 625,432 files, 415 folders. From an NvME drive on a client machine to unRAID cache, over SMB. 

The end result is what appears to be a successful transfer. Upon trying to access the folder within the unRAID share, it shows a total of 832mb, 125,212 Files, 108 Folders. Obviously something wrong. However when I drill down one leve to X\Folder1 it shows folder 1 as containing 36gb, 1600 files, 25 folders, which is pretty close to being correct. However, I can't tell if it transferred all files or what. It's highly unacceptable, and i am not sure why. I will only transfer .rar or 7z for storage on unraid now. Anything that isn't an compressed file, i don't trust to transfer to unraid without error.

I transfer the same folder to my FreeNAS server via SMB, the end result is 445gb, 625,432 files, 415 folders. Exactly what it's supposed to be. Same thing when I transfer the same folder to a RedHat Server. 

What could be going on here? Let me know if you found a solution. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Old thread, but I just ran into this aswell. I did not find a solution yet, except to use "mc" in the console for Midnight Commander. When it finds a file with the same name you can get it to overwrite smaller files aswell. Apparently I need to wait 14hours @ 110MB/s to copy the files that Krusander did not copy!

• Like 1