[Solved] - Strange Behavior after failed double parity drive upgrade

I changed 2 wd 8tb drives for 2 wd 10tb's which i shucked today (They were not precleared prior to swapping them out)  After about a few hours i had errors everywhere and my log was full.  I have 2 se3016 16 bay drive racks hooked up to a computer via 2 cables.  I am guessing that a problem with one of the new drives brought all of the drives down, however it does look like i have a udma crc error in one of the 10tb's now.

I rebooted and put the 8tb drives back in once i discovered the udma crc error and now my data rebuild of both parity disks shows 
"Size 10TB" instead of 8.  Same thing after another reboot. 

just as a note I am currently trying to preclear the questionable 10tb in another machine to see if it continues to have errors.

Am I ok with this rebuild of parity 1 and 2 (8tb drives) even though it says 10tb?

Attaching diagnostics prior to shutting down the array with the 10tb parity build lockup. A screen shot of current rebuild with the 10 tb issue and also the smart from the 10tb with udma error.

unraid 10tb error.png

tower-smart-20190527-2113.zip tower-diagnostics-20190528-0456.zip

Edited by FrozenGamer
Mark Solved
7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Can't see in the diags since there was a reboot since but likely you assigned the 8TB disks while parity was still invalid, you should stop the the array, unassign both parity disks, start the array, stop again, re-assign to begin rebuild, and now it will show correctly.

This solved the problem with 8tb/10tb.  I will mark the question solved - however at this point i am concerned about using the shucked wd 10tb's again (I bought 5 of them) 

9 hours ago, Benson said:

Similar error case have report for WD 10TB (He10) disk, I suspect some compatible problem happen when those disk running in 3Gbps.

I am unable to find anything in searches about this, i will post a question soon about the wd 10tb success or failure in unraid.  Do you have any more information?

2 hours ago, FrozenGamer said:

I am unable to find anything in searches about this, i will post a question soon about the wd 10tb success or failure in unraid.  Do you have any more information?

I have only one shuck 10TB, same firmware and model as you, no problem with Unraid (connect thr LSI and expander too - 6Gbps).

But I remember some unsolve or no followup case quite simalir (disk drop).

I am not provide solution, just wait for your founding.

Edited by Benson