GPU Suggestion - Ryzen X470 System

Depends on your purpose. Just usual stuff like office, internet, youtube, etc. or gaming?

If daily use just for office, internet, youtube, etc. I would suggest a Turing GPU, starting at approx. 150€ (GTX 1650) or Radeon GCN 4 (RX 570/RX 560D) starting at 115€.

If gaming the decision is somewhat difficult. It depends on games (old ones or new ones/triple A/Block Buster) and your resolution, FHD, WQHD or even 4K UHD?

As an example see my signature. The GPU in my physical gaming rig is from October 2016 (price was 460€, still in warranty til October 2021). Still good enough for FHD or WQHD in max. settings with Wolfenstein 2, Far Cry 5, Battlefield 1, just to name some games. My monitor is an old BenQ XL2420T, a FHD TN-display with 120 Hz, but still okay. Usually I use dynamic screen resolution if possible, so games will be rendered internal with WQHD/4K UHD or even greater.

Thanks for the reply.

No games, probably a bit of WOW and Diablo 3 but it's not the main objective.

The resolution is QHD.

I edit a lot of photos and video editing (family stuff) and use Adobe software.

My question was torwards compatibility and easy of passing through the gpu to the vm.

I think a RX570 would be a very good choise for now. Good value and performance.