Very Slow Parity Check

Hi , I recently had a parity check which took a lot longer than usual. I ran a disk benchmark and found out that the drives for parity and disk4 are really slow but SMART reports seem to show that it's fine. Not sure what might be the cause of the slow parity check. It took almost double the amount of time as it normally does. Please see the attached diagnostics.

image.png.4672d8f0ad1bf6655ac0fb5c7ff90085.png

chart.thumb.png.d1ba216aafd9400ca2574e0cfb23b3f8.png

unnas-diagnostics-20190530-1805.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Are these all windows tools? Is there a way to run these using docker containers or plugins? Or should I run it in Windows VM.

I've been using disk4 since before I installed my dell H310 and even with my dell H310 installed it was running fast, parity checks were fine. It's when I added two additional new drives (10TB x 2) is when the issues started happening. I'm wondering if there is an issue with my H310 controller since it is running 6 drives on it (2 SAS to sata cables, 4 sata connections on one and 2 on the other).

6 minutes ago, bobokun said:

I'm wondering if there is an issue with my H310 controller

Doubt it's that.

6 minutes ago, bobokun said:

Are these all windows tools?

hdtune is Windows, mhdd is Dos, for mhdd you could boot with a dos flash drive, though it will only work if the disk is on the onboard SATA port in IDE mode.