[Plugin] Disable Security Mitigations

• 2 months later...

Just so that there's no confusion, this plugin has nothing to do with any security mitigations done by Limetech ie: Sysdream 

This plugin will only disable the mitigations for Spectre, Meltdown, et al and will NOT disable the mitigations discussed below

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

How to disable the yellow bar alert that says I need to reboot my server? I hit the disable button and then re-enabled it immediately since I don't want to reboot and want to get rid of the message. I tried removing the plugin but that yellow alert is still there and there is no X.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, dcooper said:

Bumping this thread because latest Unraid 6.11 uses Linux kernal 5.19.x, which has mitigations for Retbleed. It appears this plugin sets the global mitigations to disabled, so it should disable Rebleed mitigations, but wanted to see if anyone has verified that is actually the case.

All you have to do is go to the settings of the plugin to confirm

image.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I used the mitigations plugin in 6.9.2 without any problems regarding to my macOS VMs.

After upgrading to 6.11/6.11.1 I had boot problems into my macOS VMs (several random opencore kernel panics, syslog shows amdgpu errors) and I am not able to boot into the macOS VMs. Windows works fine.

I have a verdict, causing the problem. I suspect the boot problems could be related to the mitigations plugin, as it looks like the problem only accures at the time mitigations are enabled.
I can reproduce the error, every time I rebuild my flash to 6.9.2 from backup with mitigations enabled, everthing works fine. Updating 6.9.2 to 6.11 or 6.11.1, the mitigations are still enabled and I am not able to boot into the macOS VMs.
Any advice from your side, what I could check to see if there is defenitly any relation?
I like the mitigations enabled, as my macOS is round about 20-25% faster with them turned on.

17 minutes ago, itimpi said:
3 hours ago, derpuma said:

I like the mitigations enabled, as my macOS is round about 20-25% faster with them turned on.

This is a bit strange - I would always expect the mitigations to reduce performance.

i think the OP meant that to have the mitigations 'Enabled' (That is; the protection turned 'off'), the MacOS was faster...