Will no USB 2.0 ports cause problems?

I'm looking to do a Ryzen build later this year, and have been thinking about using the new ASRack X470D4U server motherboard. It seems that the motherboard doesn't come with any USB 2.0 ports (only USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports). Will this cause any issues with my USB 2.0 stick when it comes to booting or general compatibility? I believe I've seen it in passing that there have been problems in the past when it comes from using the boot flash drive in a USB 3.0 port.

5 hours ago, ramblinreck47 said:

Will this cause any issues with my USB 2.0 stick when it comes to booting or general compatibility?

Likely, USB 2.0 is always preferred for the flash drive, but you won't know for sure until you try, unless someone else is already using that board.

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Likely, USB 2.0 is always preferred for the flash drive, but you won't know for sure until you try, unless someone else is already using that board.

Damn. Guess I’m going to have to wait until someone tries it and reports back. I’m not going to spend $270 on a motherboard and then proceed to frustrate myself forever trying to get it to work.

Damn. Guess I’m going to have to wait until someone tries it and reports back. I’m not going to spend $270 on a motherboard and then proceed to frustrate myself forever trying to get it to work.
I think your USB stick should work just fine. If it doesn't, just add a USB expansion card.
On 6/3/2019 at 10:45 PM, drdebian said:
On 6/2/2019 at 8:16 PM, ramblinreck47 said:

I think your USB stick should work just fine. If it doesn't, just add a USB expansion card.

Adding a USB expansion card probably won't work as the UEFI/Bios needs to boot off it.