Access unRaid remotely?

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm not sure I ever saw an updated answer around it (if it exists).  I occasionally have the need to check on my unRaid server via the menu.  I know others have mentioned that you could just setup VPN to do this, but I'm not terribly familiar with how to do this and it seems like quite a bit to just access the menu.  It would be nice to have something similar to what the DD-WRT routers have, that is, a simple ID and Password to access your router.

I recently upgraded to the latest version of unRaid and I'm wondering whether any advancements have been made in this space or if VPN is still the only option.  Any information is appreciated.  

PS - I did try to search to try and find an answer to this, but didn't have much luck.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, JP said:

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm not sure I ever saw an updated answer around it (if it exists).  I occasionally have the need to check on my unRaid server via the menu.  I know others have mentioned that you could just setup VPN to do this, but I'm not terribly familiar with how to do this and it seems like quite a bit to just access the menu.  It would be nice to have something similar to what the DD-WRT routers have, that is, a simple ID and Password to access your router.

I recently upgraded to the latest version of unRaid and I'm wondering whether any advancements have been made in this space or if VPN is still the only option.  Any information is appreciated.  

PS - I did try to search to try and find an answer to this, but didn't have much luck.  Thanks.

Try ZeroTier.

I use it exclusively and it's absolutely fantastic.  The only "downside" is that all computers in the ZeroTier network have to have the client installed.  Not a biggie.