Upgrade key from Basic to Plus

So my adventures with UNRAID have been extremely fruitful and I'm now convinced that this is the right solution for me.  So I've been adding drives to my UNRAID setup.

I just finished adding 3 more drives (2x4TB WD RED and 1x Intel 660P nVME SSD for cache).  So as expected, the array wouldn't start because it said I now have 7 drives and I should upgrade my key.  So off I go and I paid to upgrade my key from BASIC to PLUS. 

My question is that my UNRAID setup doesn't seem to pick up the upgrade.  Maybe I should receive a new key?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?  As it stands my array is not powered on and I need access to my data :)

Thanks for the tips people!

Did you check the email registered with limetech? Sometimes their emails end up in the spam folder for some reason.

Yes, you should have a new key file to put in the config folder on the flash drive.

Until you get that sorted, you could always temporarily unplug the new drives that put you over the limit.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Did you check the email registered with limetech? Sometimes their emails end up in the spam folder for some reason.

Yes, you should have a new key file to put in the config folder on the flash drive.

Until you get that sorted, you could always temporarily unplug the new drives that put you over the limit.

Pulling the drives out would be a massive pain in the ass!

I have a rackmount server case that is super hard to get into and "remove"  Just adding the 3 drives took me an hour.  I'm not going to waste time unplugging drives just to re-plug them in again.

Just a quick question.  Is the key generated by a "human"?  Or is it automatically system generated?  If it's human created then will they issue keys on a Sunday?

10 minutes ago, z00100 said:

Just a quick question.  Is the key generated by a "human"?  Or is it automatically system generated?  If it's human created then will they issue keys on a Sunday?

Assuming you did it via the normal web page then it is automatic and you should get a response email within minutes.     If you tried to do It via email then humans get involved.

41 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Assuming you did it via the normal web page then it is automatic and you should get a response email within minutes.     If you tried to do It via email then humans get involved.

I did it via the normal web page.  I checked out via Paypal as I usually do and got the confirmation e-mail for payment.  But no key in sight :(

21 minutes ago, z00100 said:

I did it via the normal web page.  I checked out via Paypal as I usually do and got the confirmation e-mail for payment.  But no key in sight :(

Did you get an email from Limetech?    If so it should have the URL to download your new key in the text of the message.

17 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Did you get an email from Limetech?    If so it should have the URL to download your new key in the text of the message.

The only e-mail I got was a thank you for the purchase e-mail.  It should have been followed by another e-mail with the key.  Just like when I purchased basic.  So 1 email came through but 2nd is AWOL :)

It's not super critical but it would be nice if I got it some time today. 

3 hours ago, evan said:

I'm in the same boat right now. not getting emails from unraid for a replacement key I just requested. Also ordered a second key because I'm impatient and the second key is not being emailed. Wonder if it has anything to do with gmail having issues right now: https://downdetector.com/status/gmail

Yeah that whole Google Compute Engine being down could be a cause.  Sucks that it HAD to happen at the exact time I was buying the upgrade key ;)

Just wanted to say that Tom from Support was GREAT!!  Problem solved and now my array is fully functional.  It's just clearing the drives as we speak!

Turns out the issue was on their backend.  I had a key which was replaced with a new USB Key and the serial wasn't transferred over to the new UUID.

All is well now and balance has been restored to the universe :)

Bravo UNRAID team.