How to make an UnRAID Docker Image/Template ?

Hi, I develop the SongKong music tagger application, and have a docker version of it and was made aware of unRAID by a SongKong/unRAID customer. I now have songkong running successfully on unRAID and have created some instructions for this - http://www.jthink.net/songkong/install_docker_unraid.jsp

But I note three things:

1. Songkong is not listed by Community Apps unless you enable the DockerHub option

2. He mentioned unRAID docker templates, but I do not understand how to create these, and what advantages they would give.

3. DockerHub doesnt give an option to add an icon, is that something I can do with unRAID templates ?

How can I improve my docker packaging for unRAID ?

thanks Paul

Edited by Paul Taylor
Hi, I develop the SongKong music tagger application, and have a docker version of it and was made aware of unRAID by a SongKong/unRAID customer. I now have songkong running successfully on unRAID and have created some instructions for this - http://www.jthink.net/songkong/install_docker_unraid.jsp
But I note three things:
1. Songkong is not listed by Community Apps unless you enable the DockerHub option
2. He mentioned unRAID docker templates, but I do not understand how to create these, and what advantages they would give.
3. DockerHub doesnt give an option to add an icon, is that something I can do with unRAID templates ?
How can I improve my docker packaging for unRAID ?
thanks Paul

Enable template authoring mode in settings, docker (need to stop the service) then on the container screen switch to advanced view and show more settings

Sent via telekinesis

43 minutes ago, Squid said:

Enable template authoring mode in settings, docker (need to stop the service) then on the container screen switch to advanced view and show more settings

Do you mean I have to stop the Docker service (or just my app) since I cant see how to stop Docker service and hence cannot find Template Authoring Mode under Settings/Docker ?

2 minutes ago, Paul Taylor said:

Do you mean I have to stop the Docker service (or just my app) since I cant see how to stop Docker service and hence cannot find Template Authoring Mode under Settings/Docker ?

The first line under Settings->Docker is whether the service is enabled or not.  Change it to No and then click Apply to stop the service.

4 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The first line under Settings->Docker is whether the service is enabled or not.  Change it to No and then click Apply to stop the service.

Ah, okay I was looking to close Docker on the Docker tab itself. Okay I have done that, enabled the option and renabled Docker I can see new options such as Categories and Support Thread.  So I see that when I have done this and select Save its creates an Xml file, and I see there is a command, what do I do next, do I have to run that command somewhere ?

The contents of that XML file are used when you start a container on the Docker tab to construct the docker run command.   Basically that is the template that CA requires.    Some of the entries are Unraid specific and to do with things like pointing to a forum support thread for the container, or the WebUI (if it has one) for the container.   

Edited by itimpi
2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The contents of that XML file are used when you start a container on the Docker tab to construct the docker run command.   Basically that is the template that CA requires.    Some of the entries are Unraid specific and to do with things like pointing to a forum support thread for the container, or the WebUI (if it has one) for the container. 

But I dont understand how do I make this available to my customers, where do I store this file so that when user uses Community Apps to install songkong they get this extra config ?

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-566084

In particular the Publishing to CA section

Okay, thanks for yor patience I get the gist of this and I will work through it.

Three immediate questions are:

1. SongKong works on music files and a /music path has to be configured, is there any kind of defacto location for unRAID for media files (I have used /mnt/user/media) so I can keep path in template, or even if there is not since /music is a mandatory requirement is it okay to leave in.

2. When running natively on Windows/Mac SongKong always use port 4567 so can I leave a port configured.

3. Is the support thread an unRAID forum thread or my own support forum (since I have my own forum)

Edited by Paul Taylor
15 minutes ago, Paul Taylor said:

Okay, thanks for yor patience I get the gist of this and I will work through it.

Three immediate questions are:

1. SongKong works on music files and a /music path has to be configured, is there any kind of defacto location for unRAID for media files (I have used /mnt/user/media) so I can keep path in template, or even if there is not since /music is a mandatory requirement is it okay to leave in.

2. When running natively on Windows/Mac SongKong always use port 4567 so can I leave a port configured.

3. Is the support thread an unRAID forum thread or my own support forum (since I have my own forum)

1).  Everyone seems to be different.    Setting /mnt/user/music might be a sensible default.

2). The container will have been built to use a specific port so It makes sense to provide the default port in the template.   

3). I do not think that it is mandatory to have a forum thread, but someone else will have to weigh in here.